GL1800Riders Forums banner

Bleeding brakes ...

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  cgent 
#1 ·
I'm bleeding the brakes on my yellow 2002 non-ABS 'Wing ... front brakes have been dragging some ... yes, the wheel is on properly and forks are adjusted correctly ... no drag on caliper, just some on pads.

Is some "scuick" type noise normal when I depress the pedal brake ??? A "squick" noise comes from the front secondary master cylinder, the one activated by the front brake, whenever I depress the pedal. Could I have some air in there or is this sound normal ??? :shrug:

#2 ·
Being an 02 Wing have you ever flushed out the brake fluid? If not it is way past time to do it.

#5 ·
OK guys ... one more time ... I have the manuals ... I have bled the brakes previously ... what I asked is ...

"Is some "scuick" type noise normal when I depress the pedal brake ??? A "squick" noise comes from the front secondary master cylinder, the one activated by the front brake, whenever I depress the pedal. Could I have some air in there or is this sound normal ??? :shrug:"

By the way ... this is not a really loud sound ... sort of like my stomach growling ...

#8 ·
OK guys ... one more time ... I have the manuals ... I have bled the brakes previously ... what I asked is ...

"Is some "scuick" type noise normal when I depress the pedal brake ??? A "squick" noise comes from the front secondary master cylinder, the one activated by the front brake, whenever I depress the pedal. Could I have some air in there or is this sound normal ??? :shrug:"

By the way ... this is not a really loud sound ... sort of like my stomach growling ...
Yes, that sound -- I call it a sick SandHill Crane decoy -- is typical to be heard with bike off and sitting still in quiet location.

prs

#10 ·
Ghump ... Pigeon Roost ... 4dtvman ... thanks for the answers ... I sort of figured that the sound might be OK ... I can't hear it today though ... :confused:

4dtvman ... what else makes you think you need to replace the secondary master cylinder ???

By the way ... there's also a funny little noise when it's quiet and you squeeze the clutch lever all the way ... I KNOW that funny little noise is "normal" ... :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.