GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get an automatic bleeder (one man operation) . I am trying to bleed the front brakes on 1988 1500

Thanks Terry

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Almost any auto parts supply has them. I paid $26 for my Mity-Vac with lifetime warranty! I think mine came from AutoZone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mity Vac

A couple years ago when looking for a Mity Vac I went to several automotive type stores and did not find one. I finally found it in a Wal Mart I think. Good luck, it's a great help.

·
Whiny Member
460 Posts
Yeah, the Mity-Vac is great to use, especially when replacing the fluid as a whole.

BTW does anyone no the 'proper' way to dispose of old brake fluid?

·
Registered
58 Posts
brake fluid

Here in Michigan, one of the gas stations has several drop off points where you can bring old oil etc. and dump it into their drum. Check with some of your local stations. You'd probably be better off asking at their main office rather than the individual gas stations. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Most places will take only motor oil. If they do take other oils, they want to keep them separate. The local autozone will take motor oil only, when their tank is mt. Tractor supply is another place that I've taken oil to dump.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes go to speedbleed.com they work great and are a one man job to bleed your brakes.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am going to install speed bleeders. takes 7 speed bleeders to do a 1800. can get em from Hal. no vac to hook up...just pump your brake and clutch levers..pretty simple..one man operation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts