GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of putting some type of blind spot mirrors next to the stock mirrors, haven't seen anything that worked good that I liked. Anyone have ideas maybe with a pic? I did see one type but they won't work with my Baker mirror wings.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't have a picture handy, but I've got "Hot Spot" mirrors on the lower outside edges of my mirrors. They're about 2" in diameter, with a peel-off sticky back. They're less than a dollar apiece at Wal-Mart. They give a wide enough view you can easily see traffic on either side of you before it's out of view of the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everybody for the quick replies. I have a couple of good ideas now.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Convex Mirrors

I went through the same thing on my 4X4. The little stick on mirrors just don't do for me. I changed to convex mirrors on both left and right hand sides.
They are great, but a word of caution, they do make things seem further away than they are. After a few weeks it all seems normal. Reading the Multivex blurb they seem to have overcome this. Anybody riding with these at present?
I am quickly building a list of "gotta have" items that are not available here.

Trev.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do turn my head....everytime. However I am developing a problem with my neck that limits my left turn ability. I'm OK to the right.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
I feel for ya. Someone needs to develope a combination handwing/convex mirror assembly. I'd be the first in line.

Bradford

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm leaning towards the mulitiplex......

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the Multivex mirrors and like them a lot, they definitely show you much more of what is behind you.
It's funny, I still lean forward to see the outermost edge of the mirror only because I'm used to doing it with the original mirrors. With the Multivex it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
jbljon said:
I have the Multivex mirrors and like them a lot, they definitely show you much more of what is behind you.
It's funny, I still lean forward to see the outermost edge of the mirror only because I'm used to doing it with the original mirrors. With the Multivex it isn't necessary.
Since I installed REG risers fully half of my mirrors only show me my hands on my grips. If I adjust them outward I see absolutely nothing in my lane behind me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts