GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night on the way to Ocala, I noticed that my right turn signal indicator on the dash was brighter and faster than normal. I could see reflection on the road that my rear light was flashing, but I held my hand in front of the right rear view mirror and there was no flash to the front of the bike. In fact, the running light was off while the turn signal switch was activated, but no flashing. When I released the turn signal switch to neutral, the running light came back on.

Of course, I was certain that the bulb had blown.

On the way back, the same thing was happening, but suddenly it started working again. Then it quit working again, then it started working again.

Now, sitting in the garage, I cannot get it to not work correctly. So, as we know, if it's working the dealer will not be able to fix it.

Any ideas????????

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem with my 06 airbag model. I took off the mirror thinking I had a bad bulb. but when I touched the connector it started working. I made sure the connector was plugged in good I put it back in, and it worked fine. On the 06 the bulb is not a regular 1157 it is the new style that has a connector like some of the old flashbulbs had.
MIne is an 06 airbag model as well. Where is the connector you tightened? Do I have to pull the mirror? Or, are you talking about the connector where the bulb fits into the bulb holder?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts