GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing happened today. I went to leave work and the ABS light started flashing and flashed the entire way to a convience store by my house. I was a little worried that I had brake failure of some sort but the bike seemed perfectly fine. I stopped for some adult beverage and when I went to leave lo and behold the ABS light went right out as it should. Do I need a new Gremlin bell or should I look at other causes?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Punchie said:
Funny thing happened today. I went to leave work and the ABS light started flashing and flashed the entire way to a convience store by my house. I was a little worried that I had brake failure of some sort but the bike seemed perfectly fine. I stopped for some adult beverage and when I went to leave lo and behold the ABS light went right out as it should. Do I need a new Gremlin bell or should I look at other causes?
Chances are it was some dirt at one of the sensors (front or rear), may be a connector if you have recently been working on the bike :oops:

·
Registered
560 Posts
When my ABS started blinking, it was the first indication that my battery was discharged due to a short.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery was just replaced. I'll take it out today and run it for a few hours and see what happens. Dang, I hate it when I'm forced to ride on a beautifl summer day..... :wink:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just had the same thing happen to my bike. Started about a month ago and occurred twice. I took it on to my dealer and they said since it was not doing it at the time I brought it in, they couldn't diagnose it unless the light was actualy flashing at that time.

I just took a 400 mile trip and it happened again for no reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts