GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we are riding along and my wife calls me over the CB to tell me she had just lost all her gauges (fuel, speedo, odo,etc...) and I also noticed that all her marker lights went out. Everything else was working fine. We stopped and I checked the fuses to find out that the 20 amps fuse on this circuit was blown. This is on a 2010 Navi comfort model with no modifications on the electrical circuit. Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so, what could have caused this?
Thanks in advance for the helpfull answers.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
You didn't mention if the fuze blew again after replacing it. If we assume it did not blow again, then it could just have been from vibration or a defective fuze. I would not get too concerned unless it starts happening repeatedly. Carry a few extra and see what happens.

If it does blow again, you should take a look at the ECM section of your service manual to see what electrical loads are fed by that specific fuze. If it turns out to be a pinched wire that is shorting out to the frame, then it could be a real bugger to track down. The most likely canditates are wire runs up to the handlebars or where the wire bundles are retained to the bike.

Good luck.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,198 Posts
It could be something as simple as a blown tail light bulb that died and surged the circuit. Try another fuse and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I had the same thing back in July while on vacation. Replaced it and still going.....hope it stays that way.!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If it blows again, I'd start with any recent add-ons. 99% of the time it's the culprit.

Richard

OK, so we are riding along and my wife calls me over the CB to tell me she had just lost all her gauges (fuel, speedo, odo,etc...) and I also noticed that all her marker lights went out. Everything else was working fine. We stopped and I checked the fuses to find out that the 20 amps fuse on this circuit was blown. This is on a 2010 Navi comfort model with no modifications on the electrical circuit. Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so, what could have caused this?
Thanks in advance for the helpfull answers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input...the fuse is till doing fine...no burnt taillight, must have been a bad fuse or as it was mentionned maybe vibrations or something. Just wanted to know if it was a common occurrence or just a freak thing.
Again, thank you all for the input.
Back on the road.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts