GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying an aluma mct and I would like it to match my 05 blue wing If anybody has any pictures I would really like to see some. Thanks in advance Rick (grampyg)

·
Registered
537 Posts
I called Aluma the other day to ask if they could color match to a paint code and they basically told me that they get these sheets of metal prepainted from another manufacturer which are then shipped to Aluma, where they then cut out the proper size pieces of metal sides to glue onto the Aluma trailers.

Now, what I was told is that they may be able to ship these precut pieces of metal to me and I could bring them to a body shop and get them painted. Once painted, ship them back to Aluma and they would install them onto the trailer. So indeed the option of a custom paint job is a possibility. They have never done it this way before but she said she doen't think her boss would have a problem with it.

The question is, how much does the paint cost us to do this job and what would the labor rate be???? I'm not sure about that one, i'm gonna start asking around some body shops to get an idea. I realize you were looking for pictures but I hope this helps a little bit. It would be nice to have my new Aluma match my pearl blue wing. :D :D Brian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts