GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week from today I will be in Maggie Valley NC to experience some fantastic MC routes. We have a group of 27 coming from various areas to get together for good rides, good food, and great companionship. I have created 4 routes for our rides. Curves galore, dramatic elevation changes and spectacular views should make for some fantastic day rides. The routes have been examined in detail and are clean with no hiccups. I am willing to share them to whoever would like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
A group of us are meeting up in Bryson City mid October for 3-4 days of riding.

I will take what you have for routes to see if anything is different from what we have been on before.

Please send to [email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I apreciate the offer for the Routes. I along with Mike and some other wingers will be in Bryson City NC in October. Please send to [email protected] Thanks again

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maggie Valley is a great place to stay while exploring the Smoky Mountains and BRP. I've been down there dozens of times, you really can't go wrong riding almost any road in the area.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Interesting, next week I am headed for a ride through Michigan around the northern part of Lake Superior.

Enjoy your trip to North Carolina and the surrounds. There are lots of nice roads.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I would love your routes. We have a home in Maggie and I spend a lot of time there but maybe you have something I am not aware of.

Thanks in advance.

PM sent!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Route update needed. IMPORTANT!!! To those who have received my Blue Ridge routes. There is a problem with the SatRide route. A member who got the routes pointed out to me that in the middle of NC197 there is a 6 mile gravel section that is unsafe to ride. I have plotted a new route to go around that section. It will be emailed to all who have already received the original route. The file is named SatRideNew.gpx. For your own safety please do not attempt the original file. Those who have not received their files yet will get the new file in their request. I will have the emails out to everyone by this evening. I apologize for not catching the issue on the original file, but not spotting a six mile stretch in the middle of a 250 mile ride is easy to do. Thanks Dave for bring this to my attention!!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting, next week I am headed for a ride through Michigan around the northern part of Lake Superior.

Enjoy your trip to North Carolina and the surrounds. There are lots of nice roads.
If you are riding around the Lake Superior area, don't miss H-58 between Grand Marais and Munising, Take M-28 west out of Munising all the way along the lake to Marquette. Catch US41 out of Marquette and ride it to Copper Harbor at the tip of the Peninsula. From there you can ride M26 down the west side of the Peninsula. That is as far west as I have been on the Wing but I can attest you will enjoy the ride. Have Fun and be safe. Look out for deer. I was up there in July and saw about 6 or so along and on the roads.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
PM sent

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
If you are riding around the Lake Superior area, don't miss H-58 between Grand Marais and Munising, Take M-28 west out of Munising all the way along the lake to Marquette. Catch US41 out of Marquette and ride it to Copper Harbor at the tip of the Peninsula. From there you can ride M26 down the west side of the Peninsula. That is as far west as I have been on the Wing but I can attest you will enjoy the ride. Have Fun and be safe. Look out for deer. I was up there in July and saw about 6 or so along and on the roads.
Thanks for the feedback. I will see if we can fit it in. Pictured Rocks National Seashore is on the list of places to visit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts