GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are pics from my tour in '06 on my '05 wing. I now have an '08 same color but I'm keeping this baby!
I've been doing some organizing w/my pics, came across these and decided to share.

You can only post 5 pics here but the link will take you to a full screen slideshow of the rest.
You can adjust the speed of the slideshow by pointing your cursor in the upper left. You can also pause it by pointing on the center of the image and go to next by clicking on the right arrow which is how I usually view these:

http://www.stevenjamesphotography.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=21421587&AlbumKey=99qxjr

Thanks for watching
Enjoy!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Great shots.
Need to get out there and ride it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You got that right!

Great shots.
Need to get out there and ride it! :thumbup:
Hey Mike,

Yeah I do need to ride some more.
Up until '08 when I bought me new wing I had been averaging 20k+/yr now its down to 6k and dropping (I only have 24k now).

I used to ride to work all the time (130 miles/day) then 400 mile sat. and/or sun.
Now I hardly ever ride to work. I found that I loved the a.m. ride but by days end I usually don't feel like gearing up and don't even feel much like riding after treating cancer patients all day.

Anywho its all good. I ride less but enjoy it more and my 8yr old son and 10yr old daughter keep us going with boy/girl scouts, baseball, cheerleading.......................

Steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
Brp

Plan on doing the BRP from start to finish on our way up to DC, New Hampshire, maybe Maine about mid may,, hope weather is good that time of year.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I ride the parkway every chance I get. There is just something about the road I cant seem to get enough of. Enjoyed your pics, makes me want to go now.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Great photos-

Did you retouch them with photoshop or something similar or are these un modified? The pictures are awesome.

·
Vendor
19,993 Posts
Pixs are awesume. Thanks for shareing them. I was wondering why are there always lights on when your Wing is in the pix ... what affect or benifit does that do?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
We have done the BRP several times and always stay at the Peaks of Otter Lodge. The restaurant serves great food, both dinner and breakfast. There are also some great roads to ride off the BRP. Also, a great family owned restaurant near Roanoke not too far from the BRP is "Due South Bar B Q". Small place with home made food, everything, is made there, pulled pork, etc.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Steve,
How can you live so close to such beauty and only drive 6m a year? And in country that has winters that are summers up here.

I hope someday you can take your kids ridding, I taught my son to ride and now we have a blast during the summer when he is home.

Thanks for your work with cancer patients and thanks for the photos.

Have a great day.

Mike
Hey Mike,

Yeah I do need to ride some more.
Up until '08 when I bought me new wing I had been averaging 20k+/yr now its down to 6k and dropping (I only have 24k now).

I used to ride to work all the time (130 miles/day) then 400 mile sat. and/or sun.
Now I hardly ever ride to work. I found that I loved the a.m. ride but by days end I usually don't feel like gearing up and don't even feel much like riding after treating cancer patients all day.

Anywho its all good. I ride less but enjoy it more and my 8yr old son and 10yr old daughter keep us going with boy/girl scouts, baseball, cheerleading.......................

Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
These are pics from my tour in '06 on my '05 wing. I now have an '08 same color but I'm keeping this baby!
I've been doing some organizing w/my pics, came across these and decided to share.

You can only post 5 pics here but the link will take you to a full screen slideshow of the rest.
You can adjust the speed of the slideshow by pointing your cursor in the upper left. You can also pause it by pointing on the center of the image and go to next by clicking on the right arrow which is how I usually view these:

http://www.stevenjamesphotography.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=21421587&AlbumKey=99qxjr

Thanks for watching
Enjoy!

Steve
Nice bike, area of NC and great photography!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome pics. Thanks for posting. I would like to ride the entire parkway this year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Beautiful!!

Great shots!! I'll be making my first trip through the parkway in May and i can't wait!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:Thanks for sharing..

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great shots!! I'll be making my first trip through the parkway in May and i can't wait!! :yes::yes::yes::yes:Thanks for sharing..
I've ridden the BRP the weekend AFTER Memorial Day and there's nobody there, Shaveet!
Be sure to bring some warm gear w/you. Temps vary quite a bit when at 6000+ feet then getting of the parkway.

Have a fun, safe trip

Steve

·
Registered
314 Posts
daddysbike - is that your son with the goose egg on his forehead??? My son has the exact same egg - we were scheduled for a family photo and delayed it because of the massive lump. Hope he's OK.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah he's still alive

daddysbike - is that your son with the goose egg on his forehead??? My son has the exact same egg - we were scheduled for a family photo and delayed it because of the massive lump. Hope he's OK.

Hehehe,

That was about 5yrs ago. He would always run full speed in the house and wipe out often. Many times he ended up with a knot on his head.
This time I said "don't move" and grabbed my camera.

Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts