GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is interested the History Channel has a program about mountain roads. Part of the program is about the BRP.

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
According to the History Channel web page it was on at 6:00 PM Eastern.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I just did a search on my sat. menu and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I just watched it and "WOW", I'm glad i did'nt have to help build it! I would'nt be able to ride a "Wing", over it! Thanks to our "Forefathers and Vision'ist and Helpers". Someday "We'll ride it to the end".

·
Registered
17,125 Posts
I had a very good time riding the BRP last summer with my son on the first trek when we also followed the Skyway on down to Chattenooga and then again with my daughter on second excursion in August which also included the Skyway from Front Royal to the BRP. My first times on any of those roads.

prs

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
The show was titled "Mountian Roads" on Modern Marvels. They covered Donner Pass on I-80, The Eisenhower Tunnel on I-70, The Road to the Sun in Montana, Pikes Peak and the BRP. It was a great show.

I just lookd to see if another episode will be airing in the next couple of weeks and I don't see it on the schedule. If you get a chance, watch it.

Bartman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts