GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
251 Posts
:wrong:

So sad...why do people do these things? :shrug: Lets hope they are caught and punished. Destruction of Federal land should carry a hefty fine and some jail time.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Your honor, I wish to plead not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. When I arrived on the scene and saw the now deceased suspect destroying that sign I ran over the worthless piece of **** with my car. My only regret is my Go Hawks license plate frame on the front bumper was damaged and will need replaced. I hereby throw myself on the mercy of the jury who is no doubt as sick and tired of this sort of behavior by these knuckle dragging pricks as I was. Oh, one more thing, you look great in black.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Sure hope they catch the people that are responsible for this.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Catch them and have them pay or their parents pay..then have them hold a sign up for a week up there telling passerbyers what they did....

I was just up there a few weeks ago during SMRI to have my picture taken. Hope they don't find my finger prints and blame me.... :eek:4:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I'm sure Homeland Security is on the case.....no worries.
TSA is checking everyone at the airport to make sure they aren't trying to sneak it onboard in their underwear...

·
Banned
2,340 Posts
Catch them and have them pay or their parents pay..then have them hold a sign up for a week up there telling passerbyers what they did....

I was just up there a few weeks ago during SMRI to have my picture taken. Hope they don't find my finger prints and blame me.... :eek:4:
I'm for this. They should also hold the sign they destroyed and act as tour guide explaining where they are, what to see, along with why they did it, not for a week but for 6 months. :twisted:

·
Registered
554 Posts
:wrong::mad1:

·
Registered
524 Posts
:agree: However, I think road trash pickup should be added to their daily duties.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Gone?????

:shrug:

Was up there for SMRI and noticed it gone, but figured it was down for repair or painting. Did see one notice posted somewhere on the BRP that a sign was being repaired, so I just figured this one was included.

Too bad that a few ass****s would ruin someone's trip to the area.

That's why I support spay and neuter programs.:yes1::yes1:

Jim

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
...I think people have been stealing signs as long as there have been signs to steal.
Yeah, true. I've been known to have.. uhh... "appropriated"... a street-sign or STOP sign in my lifetime (when I was younger)... and I'd really like to have one of those US129 signs to hang in my garage (not a fake re-pro).

But like the guy in the article says... just exactly what does one plan to do with an 11-ft wide "highest point on the BRP" sign? Display it in their yard for the world to see? :shrug:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well to say someone stole it, I dunno.

I have seen that sign up close several times. A thick slab of some kind of heavy wood, with metal bracing behind it and several angle iron braces built into the stone work.

For sure no one on motorcycles carried it off.

I think they are assuming someone stole it.

But in the last month or two we have had some pretty good thunderstorms, with high winds, a couple small tornado,s

Mother nature could rip the sign down and throw it at the bottom of the wooded ravine.

I would bet on that more than being stolen.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Well to say someone stole it, I dunno............ I would bet on that more than being stolen.
Sir, I'm willing to take you up on that bet.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you follow the link and read you will see the sign was not stolen but pulled down and ripped apart.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Sir, I'm willing to take you up on that bet.
Ok :lol: make it a little one. I know there are people out there that will damage things and are just plain useless.

Could be they tore it up just to be tearing it up. For what reason, who can comprehend?

Myself I will even put a gum wrapper in my pocket and throw it away later.

But I know some people are worthless. And could have torn it up.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah, true. I've been known to have.. uhh... "appropriated"... a street-sign or STOP sign in my lifetime (when I was younger)... and I'd really like to have one of those US129 signs to hang in my garage (not a fake re-pro).

But like the guy in the article says... just exactly what does one plan to do with an 11-ft wide "highest point on the BRP" sign? Display it in their yard for the world to see? :shrug:

Mega garage art?

:shrug:

I hear ya on the younger exploits. :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts