GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought some "Blue" taillight bulbs. Higher wattage (27/8) and supposed to be brighter.

FORGET IT!!!!!! Just wasted $18.00 (with shipping).

The OEM bulb is BRIGHTER at 21/5. I'm going to re-install the OEM.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Did you mean blue headlight bulbs?

I

·
0 Posts
Why is it some folks just can't leave things alone that have been designed properly for their application, and cost thousands of dollars to perfect?

Yeah, I have been guilty of screwing things up also. But the older I get, the less likely I am to try to "reinvent the wheel". :roll: :lol:

Ain't life grand?

Ride safe.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Now John, isn't there some sort of unwritten rule that Wingers are supposed to mess with their stuff? (I think they like to call it "personalizing" :D )
Not to mention the boost to the economy. :wink: Money flows for personalizing materials. Money flows for fixing broke materials. Sometimes money flows so dealer can put personalized bike back into a running condition. :oops: :lol:
I wander how many millions Honda invests in developing a bike like the Wing? :?:

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
nludvigson said:
Just bought some "Blue" taillight bulbs. Higher wattage ( 27/8 ) and supposed to be brighter.

FORGET IT!!!!!! Just wasted $18.00 (with shipping).

The OEM bulb is BRIGHTER at 21/5. I'm going to re-install the OEM.
Are the bulbs heavily tinted? If so, the higher wattage would only be to try to compensate for the loss of light due to the tint.

Also, the higher heat output could damage the headlight assembly! :shock: That would have been very expensive!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I wander how many millions Honda invests in developing a bike like the Wing?
And then someone adds a wheel so it won't tip over....... :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts