GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His son is in training in Georgia with the military and he was saying how he thought it would be nice if this community would "adopt" a service man or woman for the holidays. I'm sure there's a way for civilians to get in touch with their local military base to extend an invitation to a Thanksgiving dinner to ease the difficulties of being away from family during the holidays.

Whatchall think?

·
Registered
114 Posts
It really is a great idea. We've done it for several years and always had a great time. Some times we've only had one or two but other years we've had a bunch. It helps some too if you can go and pick them up but just make the attempt anyway you can. We've gotten some pretty good recipes over the years too. I don't carve all that well so I try to get someone else to do it. Best year was when one of the folks looked around and figured out who was the senior rank and assigned the work detail. The girls cleared the table and the guys had to wash the dishes before they could get to the tv.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Bob good to see ya postin'. :wink:
We've been bringin' kids to the house for years durin' the holidays, with the limited room at GITMO I figure y'all will be doin' it outdoors on picnic tables for the crowd. :wink: :lol: 8)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Red Neck Dave wrote : "outside on the picnic table" thats about right Dave. Tiki torches with Citonella oil and Gtmo cologne (bug spray) The "osslifers" are going to serve the "working stiffs". It don't Gtmo better than this. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts