GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be leading a small group from Rockwall to Edom to pick Blueberries and eat at the Shed this Saturday. We will be leaving the Hobby Lobby parking lot in Rockwall at SH205 and I-30 at 8:00 AM if anyone is interested in joining us. Here is the route we will be taking if you want to try and meet us somewhere along the way. https://goo.gl/maps/vKRgL

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
Joe, I would have gone, but I have to head to Wichita Falls saturday morning, thanks for letting us know.

BTW, you do realize "I am taking a bunch of biker dudes to pick blue berries" sounds kind of :doorag:

However, I am sure Keith and Marvin will show up. On the last campout I heard them singing "I found my thrills on blueberry hill" in their communal tent

:wrong:

:joke:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured some of you would be calling and asking for my man card after I made this post.
However our local riding club has a female leader this year. Whatever the queen wants the queen gets! I just need to ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What time do you plan on eating at The Shed?
About 11:30. We will be at Blueberry Hill Farms about a mile up the road until we head to the Shed.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a great ride today! Cloud cover most of the day made the 90 deg. Temp and high humidity bearable. 3 bikes left Rockwall and we picked up 1 more in Terrell and a Spyder in Kauffman.
We arrived at Blueberry Hills Farms around 10:00 and found out that the late frost we had this year has delayed the Blueberry harvest by around a month. There were blackberries to pick but they were already picked through pretty good. The smell of fresh pies and pastries baking
when you walked in to the building was worth the ride.
Brian Hand and Chris E. And his lovely wife were waiting at the Shed when we arrived. We had a good lunch and great conversation with friends. That is what makes these rides worth doing!
Ride safe and have a Happy Fathers Day tomorrow! See you on the next one.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Fun meeting everyone today, Mandy and I had a great time. We got to explore a little more of Texas, stopped and visited a few antique stores, but fortunately, did minimal damage to the wallet.

Hope to see you all next time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It was a great riding day and it was good seeing you guys again!

·
Administrator
3,570 Posts
It was a great riding day and it was good seeing you guys again!

Steve, did you go on this ride? If so, HOW? I heard you have a couple of broken ribs and in an unrelated incident your truck was totaled when it got smashed by a tree. You've already proven how tough you are, so slow down man!

Really, how you doing?

Glen

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I rode on this ride. I have to continually prove my tough guy status!! Lol!!! This keeps everyone on their toes as to whether I'm tough or just insane!! Lol!! Actually, I'm not too bad off! You just gotta roll with broke ribs! I won't let a little problem like that slow me down, now the totaled truck on the other hand will probably take longer to repair than the ribs!!! Lol!! It's all good brother ! Thanks for the concern!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bad storm rolled across the lake and a tree fell on my truck!! Pretty much totaled the truck! Not much to tell other than that!!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Bad storm rolled across the lake and a tree fell on my truck!! Pretty much totaled the truck! Not much to tell other than that!!!

You told us you were at the skateboard park.....:joke:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts