GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode to Washington On The Brazos by way Chappell Hill and met up with Bob Lunsford's Toys for Tots riders . Had a real good turnout . Met a large group from Tomball all on Goldwings and nice guys. Lots of Goldwings on the ride and beautiful weather . The bluebonnets and other wild flowers are really going strong everywhere and they are beautiful. Did the Labahai Byway again and came upon a motorcycle wreck. Three Ambulances and 3 Hwy Patrol cars and a couple of county guys. Bike I saw did not look that bad and I don't know how many were involved . We could not stop anywhere and just prayed no one was hurt seriously. I think more information will show up on my video when I check it . Be careful out there ,seeing the bluebonnets is beautiful but not worth your life.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Parking
Meadow Bluebonnet Flower Plant Wildflower
Road Field Asphalt Natural landscape Plain
Pasture Grassland Natural landscape Land lot Natural environment

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hey Rojo,

It was good to meet you at this little get-together. All for a good cause, too!

I was wondering if you'd gotten a picture of our group park. In the 2nd picture, you can just see the end of my black Tailwind.

We had a great ride up and back as well and really enjoyed the blue bonnets!

See you next year!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Rojo,

It was good to meet you at this little get-together. All for a good cause, too!

I was wondering if you'd gotten a picture of our group park. In the 2nd picture, you can just see the end of my black Tailwind.

We had a great ride up and back as well and really enjoyed the blue bonnets!

See you next year!

Yea, that was a fun day all the way around.
I know I have those pictures and Joan took a lot on her Phone . I also have some video of the event and all the bikes and riders . I will try to post them soon. We will be going to Fredericksburg on Saturday the 12 th and spend a few days then coming back on Tuesday evening . We will be traveling the back roads looking at the bluebonnets and wild flowers . All indications are that this is going to be a banner year for the bluebonnets. Road Vegetation Trail Thoroughfare Natural landscape
Flower Blue Vegetation Wildflower Plant
Meadow Yellow Flower Field Plant
Road Transport Vehicle Grass Infrastructure

I hope it will be like this again this year. Come on out to Fredericksburg and join us . There is also a GWRRA gathering at Lady Bird Johnson Park that weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts