GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it too early to start a conversation about the bluebonnets yet. I went out to the Hill country after GlockJocks party last year and was too late. Still found a few on the Willow City loop but nothing like I remember in years past. I was thinking I might go before the party this year and catch Glens on the way back home. Are there any predictions on when they will pop this year? I know it depends on a lot of conditions during the year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it too early to start a conversation about the bluebonnets yet. I went out to the Hill country after GlockJocks party last year and was too late. Still found a few on the Willow City loop but nothing like I remember in years past. I was thinking I might go before the party this year and catch Glens on the way back home. Are there any predictions on when they will pop this year? I know it depends on a lot of conditions during the year.
Texas Bluebonnet season is typically Mid-March thru April - here's a couple of links for more info on Hill Country & Ennis TX bluebonnet trails

·
Registered
869 Posts
With a little luck, and some extra lunch money this year, I'll be enjoying some fine TX scenery around the Kerrville area again this year the weekend of Apr 18th with a bunch of like-minded Vmax hooligans. :)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Mexican gold poppies are painting the landscapes in the Sonoran desert. I’m very much looking forward to riding this spring. I think it’s going to be a wonderful season.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My wife and I rode around the Brenham ,Fayetteville ,Roundtop , and La-Grange , Tx areas this week . We rode around 400 miles total and there was already a lot of Bluebonnets on the roadsides and many in the fields blooming beautifully. I think we will have an early spring and an early blooming season. From all the reports I have been reading , this year will be a fantastic year for wildflowers in Texas. Marvin ( wild turkey ) always rides the Hill Country area and gives weekly updates on the Bluebonnets and wildflowers. Look for his post here on the Texas Section for more information as the season progresses .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts