GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys it's almost bluebonnet time. A time when the road sides and fields come alive with wildflowers . Every expert on the wildflowers say that this spring will be the best it has been in 20 years . The towns and roads around Fredericksburg , Llano , Mason will be fantastic according to the experts because of the fall and winter rains and an early warming trend. We are already seeing many bluebonnets along the highways and the fields are alive with early Rosettes . Keep looking for Wild Turkey's update that he post every spring . Here is a quick photo slide show of a past bluebonnet ride to whet your appetite for a great show and ride this spring.
Watch on full screen is best

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Had to go to u-tube to watch Roger. I will send you a few pictures of my front yard, they should peak in a few weeks. Last week still nothing yet in the Hill country. Hopefully by the end of March first part of April, will keep riding up around Fredricksburg to take a look. Seems like east Texas and in and around San Antonio are early bloomers. Thanks for the video

·
Registered
930 Posts
Each time down to the Fredricksburg area, I get a kick out of the corn poppy fields at the https://www.wildseedfarms.com/ . Given the right week or two of the spring time, this place never fails to provide some really awesome flower viewing.

Wish we were scheduled to go again this spring, but alas...…. :(

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Saw just a few this weekend southwest of Bandera, but literally just 2 or 3 small patches in a couple hundred mile ride.

They'll be there soon I'm sure....my guess is that mid-March will be spectacular.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
628 Posts
Alright You Texans (and you all know of whom I reference such as Roger, Marvin, Kevin, Joe, etc.....), you better keep those bluebonnets looking great until Glockjock's RTE even if you must get out and hand water each one ?
Those of us riding from all over the USA expect a spectacular show. True, Glen is in east Texas, but that's only a few hundred miles away and a few of us actually know where Hill Country is....

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Alright You Texans (and you all know of whom I reference such as Roger, Marvin, Kevin, Joe, etc.....), you better keep those bluebonnets looking great until Glockjock's RTE even if you must get out and hand water each one ?
Those of us riding from all over the USA expect a spectacular show. True, Glen is in east Texas, but that's only a few hundred miles away and a few of us actually know where Hill Country is....
I am no expert on this by far but I doubt the blue bonnets will still be around by late April especially if they bloom a little sooner than normal.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The weather man stated yesterday that the mild winter everything is starting to bloom earlier. The oak pollen in Houston was already reported as extreme and I have already seen Robins out in the yard. Looks like a early spring hopefully this doesn't mean a early hot summer.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the weather man stated yesterday that the mild winter everything is starting to bloom earlier. The oak pollen in houston was already reported as extreme and i have already seen robins out in the yard. Looks like a early spring hopefully this doesn't mean a early hot summer.
Hot Summers make you enjoy an early Fall. >:)

hot summer.jpg

·
IronMan
17,618 Posts
Seen some white flowers "snow" going thru el paso but no blubonnets !

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Ok guys i had to ride in my truck today because of an ongoing problem with my back. Any way the willow city loop is about 1/4 to 1/2 with flowers just starting to bloom. Hwy 16 from Fredericksburg to LLano was pretty good. I also took ranch road 2323 west from Llano to hwy 87. The first half was good. I still feel the better time to go would be from the beginning of April till around the end of April. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The "Willow City loop" is worth the trip if ya catch it right. I have one time. I call it the "Cades Cove" of the Hill Country. The Hill Country would be a good stop off for the guys attending Rogers this year. Wish I could do it myself.:crying:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Noticed my first bluebonnets of the year today coming thru Gatesville. Haven't seen any up where we reside nor have I made it down to the Hill Country this year as of yet. Just an FYI:grin2:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I haven't been out and about yet other than my usual trip to the Home Depot in beautiful downtown Dripping Springs, but I'm just starting to see bluebonnets making their appearance. Hopefully, it will be a good year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Live in Corpus Christi, tx and travel to San Antonio on I 37 frequently. The wild flowers in bloom along Interstate 37 are the best I have seen in years. Best are from Corpus Christi to About the 3 rivers interchange. Only thing to watch out for is all the people stopping along the road to take pictures.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Live in Corpus Christi, tx and travel to San Antonio on I 37 frequently. The wild flowers in bloom along Interstate 37 are the best I have seen in years. Best are from Corpus Christi to About the 3 rivers interchange. Only thing to watch out for is all the people stopping along the road to take pictures.
Headed to Corpus next Saturday on the 23rd. Meeting up with others at Corpus Christi Harley Davidson at 1000 am hrs. We are all going to ride to Doc's seafood from there. You are more than welcome to join us.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks, but have some medical issues right now that are limiting my riding. Plus the local
Haley shop owner and I have not been on good terms since I owned my last Harley. Have a great ride. Hope we can meet up in the future.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks, Wild Turkey , but have some medical issues right now that are limiting my riding. Plus the local
Haley shop owner and I have not been on good terms since I owned my last Harley. Have a great ride. Hope we can meet up in the future.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Rick I think GLOCKJOCK is hosting "PANSIES' this year so probably no blue bonnets....snicker...snicker...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts