GL1800Riders Forums banner

Blueridge Parkway / Niagra Falls

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  chuckM 
#1 ·
Hello all...We are planning a trip from middle ga to niagra,we will be going through the parkway..Our first stop will be the biltmore house ( again )..What i need is some info on Lodging along the parkway we will most likely take 1-2 days to travel the parkway so we can see some things along the way...so i am thinking the first night lodging should be about 250 miles away from aheville nc... & then onother 250 miles...plus need lodging in niagra on the canada side..any info would be appreciated..Thanks..

#2 ·
We made our reservations at the Marriott for our June trip up there. From looking at Google Earth, they look like they have the best view:shrug:

Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
6740 Fallsview Blvd,
Niagara Falls, L2G 3W6 Canada Phone: 1-905-357-7300 Fax: 1-905-357-0490

#6 ·
Thanks for all the info..I am going to be doing a couple of them...I know we are going to ride the parkway.then head into niagra,on the canada side,,trying to figure out our ride home..thinking of heading over to atlabtic city,then through chesepeake bay,,would also like to take the ferry ocracoke nc...Still alot of planning..lol

#7 ·
The rock slide just above Asheville will probably send you on a detour on I-40 to NC226 back up to the Parkway.
If you want to make the detour a curve carving motorcycle adventure try this:
Exit on US74east to Bat Cave (if it is chow time consider continuing into Lake Lure for food)
NC9 north for 6.3 miles
Old Fort Road north back to either I-40 or US70
Even if they do open the Parkway I'd still use this route. 74 is a blast!

#8 ·
Great riding

We rode the Blue Ridge Parkway last fall. Do not plan on staying in Buena Vista. There are only 2 motels "Bad" and "Worse". We had great Motels in Front Royal, Boone, and Cherokee. You may want to plan shorter trips on the Parkway to allow for the type of road you are traveling...Have a safe trip and enjoy...

#9 ·
We rode the Blue Ridge Parkway last fall. Do not plan on staying in Buena Vista. There are only 2 motels "Bad" and "Worse". We had great Motels in Front Royal, Boone, and Cherokee. You may want to plan shorter trips on the Parkway to allow for the type of road you are traveling...Have a safe trip and enjoy...
Two years ago we stayed in Boone, had a great time. We ate at Lonestar steakhouse, best bought meal and service I have ever experienced. When we went back last year we went back to Boone only to find our favorite steakhouse had closed, 4-sale sign out front, urban outdoorsman sleeping on the bench by the front door :-(. Looking forward to this years trip to the parkway and most of all Little Switzerland.:thumbup:

#10 ·
On the BRP we stayed at The Bluffs and the Peaks of Otter. I highly recommend both. In Niagra, we stayed at the Comfort Inn on Clifton Hill...walking distance to everything!

John
IBAARK

#13 ·
Mr. scootinn,
www.blueridgeparkway.org/maps will get you all the info. you need. Did the outer banks last year afta visiting son in Lorton, Va. Hit Chinkateague, Va and see the wild horses on the island. Then down to the outer banks. Bike and trailer were on 4 ferries total from top to bottom. All free and DIDN'T need reservations. Took Rt. 64 all the way home to Murphy, NC. Have a great time and enjoy. Semper-fi:flg:

#16 ·
If you go to Niagara Falls after June 1st, you'll need a passport or EDL, etc. to get back into the states. If you could, I would go before then anyway. When the on-season starts, the streets can be wall-to-wall people and traffic...and the room rates go way up. The Marriott and the Crowne Plaza (The Brock) have the best views from the Clifton Hill area. We go a few times a year and have never had a bad time. Enjoy.

http://info@cdnniagarahotels.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.