GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used my Cellset with Motorola Bluetooth adapter for years. It works great and the voice quality is very good. The only drawback is remembering to turn it on before each ride and turning it off after each ride. I can't find a way to open the case without distroying the unit. Has anyone discovered a way to remove the internal battery in the Bluetooth adapter so it can be powered directly from the bike?:?:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I don't know which model of BT adapter that you are using, but the HS830 that I use will not work when it is plugged into a charger.

This is why the Kennedy CellSet/BT2 unit is wired to both switched and unswitched power. When the bike is turned off, the unit charges the BT adapter for three hours.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jon,
I've got the old Motorola HF820 with a charger connected to the bike full time so the internal battery charges anytime the bike is on. The adapter is stored in the right hand dash pocket (hard to access while riding).

Usually I remember to turn the adapter on before each ride. But the big problem is the internal battery continues to power the unit after I turn the bike off. If I forget to turn the adapter off after a ride, it stays on untill I'm out of range of the unit. Sometimes my phone rings while I'm sitting in a restaurant after a ride, but I can't answer because it's still paired with the adapter.

I may break the case open to remove the internal battery so the unit will power off when the bike is off. But I expect I will still have to remember to turn the unit on because the switch isn't mechanical.

Any advice?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts