GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Packtalk Bold Duo setup, and everything worked great for a few days, then the music streamed through the bikes Car Play started cutting in and out (this is in DMC mode). This is much worse on the passenger helmet. I've un-paired and re-paired both units with the bike several times, but still the same results. Intercom from rider to passenger works fine. Streaming directly from the phone seems fine. Anyone else have something like this happen?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't have apple carplay, but I do steam music, Pandora, from my phone to my Pak talk bold with no issues. No issues with Siuris XM or the USB drive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the very same problem. When connected to CarPlay and listening to Pandora I'll loose the music if I go to intercom to talk to other rider. The music doesn't come back. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Has to be something with car play, I haven't had any issues with it. The music on mine plays in the background on intercom then the volume comes back up with no issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have an Apple phone, but have read where a reboot of the phone solves the carplay melted screen icon issue, so try a phone restart, then uninstall and reinstall carplay if that doesn't help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was thinking I'll try the reboot next and start from scratch again. I switched both intercom units to Bluetooth, and can share music that way straight from the phone, so pretty sure the issue is with the bike and not the Cardo's. Wish I had more faith in the dealer being able to find and fix this.
Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Was thinking I'll try the reboot next and start from scratch again. I switched both intercom units to Bluetooth, and can share music that way straight from the phone, so pretty sure the issue is with the bike and not the Cardo's. Wish I had more faith in the dealer being able to find and fix this.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Even in DMC you can bluetooth the music straight from the phone.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Has to be something with car play, I haven't had any issues with it. The music on mine plays in the background on intercom then the volume comes back up with no issues.
This may give a clue to the solution. There is a setting in the PackTalk bios that allows the music to play when you are using the intercom. The recommended (default?) setting is "off". If RickLB has the setting "on" and you have it "off" is that the difference?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I ride with mine in DMC all the time. My wife and i listen to the music and use the intercom with no issues.
Have you set your headsets up on the computer?
I've never used bluetooth cause normally it's my wife and I on my bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts