GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 wing with the 3.5 mm male plug in in the left cubby box. What kind of device can I buy that would connect my iPhone 7 via Bluetooth so I have the option to listen to Pandora etc. and maybe even charge the phone at the Sam time? Does such a device exist? What’s everyone else using on these older beautiful bikes?

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
The 3.5 in the cubby is an input to the bike audio system that can be used with a device that has a 'headphone' output.

What ever it is sent can be output on the AUX setting of the audio system.

It could be used for the output from a gps or phone or portable music device.

It does not supply power for charging/operating a device.

If you iphone has a 3.5 mm headphone jack you can play music from it without any other device.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I simply have a Bluetooth helmet and send the music, intercom, and phone calls directly from the phone via Bluetooth. I would guess there should be options as to Bluetooth headsets to put into a current helmet?
I don't think I will ever use the (2001) bikes audio/CD/CB system.
Hey Rick, you're only about 65 miles from me!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for ideas found the perfect solution at “ Electrical Connection” they make a Bluetooth receiver just for the 01-05 Goldwing it’s a plug and play device and it hides under left fairing pocket. Worth a look if your in need of such a device!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That’s a good idea to but if not going through the bikes radio would you have simple easy volume control?
Yep, the Bluetooth helmet I have has a easy to use volume control (even with gloves on) on the left side of the helmet. It's a multi-function button/knob/switch.
I will have to look at the solution you found also for a friend and other helmets we still have.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts