GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride with a schuberth C3 in the winter and a half helmet in the summer and was looking for bluetooth headphones without the mic. I guess that I would mainly use them in the C3. Is anyone else using something that they would recommend?

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have a pair of "bluebuds" . They are bluetooth but earbuds, not headphones. They fit under the helmet well, sound great and have a microphone if you wanted to use them with your phone(IF). I bought them at Best Buy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not earbuds, but I use a Sena SMH10R (low profile version of the SMH10) and it has the option of plugging in the mic or not (comes with mini wired mic and a boom mic), if you chose not to use it you would never know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lg hbs700

I have been using the LG HBS700 Bluetooth earphones (ear buds). You can purchase these on Amazon for under $50. These wrap around your neck and then have wired ear buds that extend off the two ends and then up inside your helmet. I get great sound with good levels on both my full helmet and half helmet. Work fine on Interstate Highway speed. They come with a mic and I use my cell phone for music from MP3 files, Tune-In radio App and I also have Sirius on-line app. I also have Slingbox and I could watch TV from my cell phone mount, but that would be dangerous (but I have done it). My cell phone is a Samsung S4 and uses Verizon 4G LTE. I get great internet data reception. I also have an AT&T WiFi Hot Spot so I can change back and forth for the best WiFi reception. I have yet to find any open non-WiFi spots on any Midwest Interstates. Back Roads are spotty. The GPS also provides audio into my ear buds as well. I can take a make phone calls using a hands free mode. I can use my phone at speeds under 50 MPH, but when closer to 40 or lower it works just fine. They come in both Black and White. Click here to buy

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
LG

I have the same LG ear buds as mentioned above. I haven't used them on the bike yet, but did do a long drive from Mi. to Myrtle Beach with them paired to my MotoX android. The phone came equipped with voice recognition, gps, and I added a Pandora app. I was able to use all 3 functions simultaneously and still receive and make calls. I got 4-6 hours before the unit needed recharging. I believe that they would also work with the AKE Bluetooth dongle that you can buy at the link below and it will give you complete use of the GW integrated audio system.

http://www.spoiledbiker.com/product3898.html

Richard

1 - 6 of 6 Posts