GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don’t care what brand you like. I suggest if you belong to a club that as a club you decide what brand the club wants to use.
i belong to several groups 2 only use CBs. Another is going with Sena Mesh 2. The last can see no value in communication between bikes.
While I think that there are choices out there that are better than CBs at this time due to the availability they are the only choices for large groups.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree! I have the best of both worlds Bluetooth and CB. The CB is the best to me as far as a large group. Bluetooth for three or four is good, anymore then that you start dropping people. I updated my 30 K to the newest firmware, didn’t get to try the new mesh 2.0 out yet to see if it any better.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had 5 in our group with Mesh 2 and did not drop anyone. It was the best small group riding that we have had as far as communications.

·
Vendor
21,576 Posts
It's a shame that Cardo and Sena Mesh can't work together. This means if you ride with someone who has another brand, you can't use Mesh and are forced to use Bluetooth. It feels like a huge step backward in bike-to-bike comm. With FRS (or CB), you just pick a channel and go, and don't have to worry about who has what brand. This seems to ruin all the benefits of using Mesh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts