GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried to pair up an earpiece with the bike? Will it even work? I have a Sena in my helmet but sometime I ride without it and was curious if a earpiece would pair up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bluetooth is bluetooth. You shouldn't have a problem. You can also pair the earpiece directly to your phone if there is an issue

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Has anybody tried to pair up an earpiece with the bike? Will it even work? I have a Sena in my helmet but sometime I ride without it and was curious if a earpiece would pair up.
Yes. I can pair my BT hearing aids.

Reactions: PastoT

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my hands on a bluetooth headset and paired it to my phone but the bike still gives me the notice "Android auto will not start because no headset found" What am I doing wrong? I have the phone paired to the bike and the headset paired to the phone. I tried it with the phone hooked up to the USB and unhooked.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I got my hands on a bluetooth headset and paired it to my phone but the bike still gives me the notice "Android auto will not start because no headset found" What am I doing wrong? I have the phone paired to the bike and the headset paired to the phone. I tried it with the phone hooked up to the USB and unhooked.
Your headset needs to be paired to the Gold Wing and not to your phone...pair your phone to the Gold Wing

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, got that done and now it found the headset but I have other issues now? When I plug my phone into the cubby USB Android auto starts and stops and starts and stops, over and over and over and just keeps doing that (on my phone) the bike says its connected then disconnected over and over and over matching the phone. Not sure if its the phone or the bike or what? Just about ready to just disable all of it.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok, got that done and now it found the headset but I have other issues now? When I plug my phone into the cubby USB Android auto starts and stops and starts and stops, over and over and over and just keeps doing that (on my phone) the bike says its connected then disconnected over and over and over matching the phone. Not sure if its the phone or the bike or what? Just about ready to just disable all of it.....
It's probably the cable. Either not properly plugged in or sometimes a case can cause a bad connection. And finally, the cable itself. Although not as fussy as an iphone, they do recommend using the cable that came with the phone.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Micro-USB cables are sometimes finicky. Make sure you have a good quality cable

·
Registered
697 Posts
I purchased the cheap packs on Amazon and they work for a short while. Since I purchased a better cable I have had zero problems connecting. Cable quality is really important with CarPlay or Android Auto.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the cable that came with the phone but that dont mean its a good one... will try another cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts