GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just installed the J&M Bluetooth headset, wiring harness and dongle that integrates with the GL1800. So far I am very disappointed. The music playback is fine but the I/C is very poor and echoes when you talk and there is a constant buzz in both headsets. I will call the factory tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what the problem might be. Ground problem maybe?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Sena

Best headset on the market HANDS DOWN !!!!

Rated best by Rider Mag and Web Bike World.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.cardosystems.com/us/homepage

Scalarider. All you will ever need.:wrong:
Yea, that helps me a lot. Thanks for that. Had a Scala cell phone headset a few yeras ago and it lasted all of three months and then Scala said it was "abuse" and wouldn't cover it. Wouldn't touch them again.:banghead: Talked to them at Americade and they DO NOT have a product that integrates with the GL1800 but your post was a big help.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with it... my primary unit is going on 3 years old without so much as a hiccup after about 50k miles. The passenger unit has about 20k on it and is just as old. The spare set I have for loaning to the few people who ride with us that don't also have Scalas also haven't had any issues, along with the dozen or so folks in my regular group that have them.

When I was using cable for integration, I managed to break the end of one by accident and Cardo sent me 4 replacements for free. Their customer support for the one time I have had to use it, and one time another did (firmware update for the G4) has been stellar. As the Goldwing sound system is far more enjoyable to listen to than any headsets mounted in a helmet would ever be - there is no need to integrate it.

Thousands of hours between the lot of us, and no problems really to speak of, and excellent customer service when there was. So... I have to wonder - how were you using it for it to fail in 3 months and get Cardo to say you were abusing it?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about your bad experience with it... my primary unit is going on 3 years old without so much as a hiccup after about 50k miles. The secondary unit has about 20k on it and is just as old. The spare set I have for loaning to the few people who ride with us that don't also have Scalas also haven't had any issues, along with the dozen or so folks in my regular group that have them.

When I was using cable for integration, I managed to break the end of one by accident and Cardo sent me 4 replacements for free. Their customer support for the one time I have had to use it, and one time another did (firmware update for the G4) has been stellar. As the Goldwing sound system is far more enjoyable to listen to than any headsets mounted in a helmet would ever be - there is no need to integrate it.

Thousands of hours between the lot of us, and no problems really to speak of, and excellent customer service when there was. So... I have to wonder - how were you using it for it to fail in 3 months and get Cardo to say you were abusing it?
This post was to help me resolve my issue with my J&M not to talk about Scala. Sorry.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
The resolution to J&M problems is to get a Scala. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have just installed the J&M Bluetooth headset, wiring harness and dongle that integrates with the GL1800. So far I am very disappointed. The music playback is fine but the I/C is very poor and echoes when you talk and there is a constant buzz in both headsets. I will call the factory tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has a suggestion as to what the problem might be. Ground problem maybe?

turn the intercom off on the bike, intercom runs through dongle now

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really? Don't I feel like a fool? I was under the impression that the I/C "dial" was only required (other than turning it off and on) when the bike did not have a stock I/C on it.

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob, just to let you know that you are absolutly right. You turn the bike I/C to "0" and then adjust the headsets accordingly. John Lazzeroni personally has contacted me several times to insure I have all the help I need. He sent me the below Youtube Video which would have been nice to see before I began but in case anyone else is interested, here it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts