GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tested out bluetooth helmets yet? If so any recomendations.

I do not have a blue tooth radio (will want Sirrius) on bike yet as well, but decided to take the plunge.

Features I am looking for:
1. Bluetooth radio
2. Talk to rider with bluetooth
3. Use phone on bluetooth
4. Automatic volume adjustment and wind filtering

Thanks ahead of time for your recommendations
Steve

·
Banned
2,618 Posts
Anyone tested out bluetooth helmets yet? If so any recomendations.

I do not have a blue tooth radio (will want Sirrius) on bike yet as well, but decided to take the plunge.

Features I am looking for:
1. Bluetooth radio
2. Talk to rider with bluetooth
3. Use phone on bluetooth
4. Automatic volume adjustment and wind filtering

Thanks ahead of time for your recommendations
Steve
I just purchased the Nolan N90 with internal bluetooth ready capability. Super helmet. It can now be purchased in the USA and best price is at Revzilla.com http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n90-n-com-helmet

and

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice helmet ... the bluetooth kits is a tiny expensive.
I thought some of these helmets had the bluetooth built in?

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a Schubert C3 with built in blue tooth. When I bought it 5 months ago there were no other helmets with built in blue tooth that I could find.

The C3 is expensive.

It will do everything you ask except the auto volume adjust. It has two up/down buttons for that.

The advantage of the built in blue tooth is you don't have a lump on the outside of your helmet to generate wind noise.

I use my C3 with a Garmin 665 GPS and my cell phone. I use the built in nav (for what it is worth) for monitoring XM Weather Radar.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If interested in the Nolan N90 Ncom - check out www.extremesupply.com $219. Bluetooth package available at $475.w/helmet. You would also need the GL1800 lower cord if you wanted to plug into the bike system $21.99.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
When searching for helmets a couple months ago I only found ONE helmet that included the Bluetooth as a standard and part of it. I can't even remember the name since it had bad reviews. All others out there were labeled as Bluetooth ready. You still had to buy the Bluetooth kit. There are not many out there. Just like all helmets, just make sure to try it on first.

If in the end none of them fit you right consider the add on units. I ended up going with the only helmet I could find to fit me and bought the Scala G4 kit. Works great, took a lot of adjustment of the speakers to get the sound correct. Even just a tad off and the volume was greatly affected as well as sound quality. Now that I have them at the correct spots for my ears they sound great, not the tinny, quite sound I had the first 2 weeks of use.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
If you like your existing helmet, or don't like the available helmets with integrated BT, I 2nd the Scala. Been using them for years and absolutely love them, as do several in my regular riding group. I have spares for the extra helmets and to share with people who don't have them.

Good stuff, and a fraction of the price (if you look in the right places)

http://www.cardosystems.com/us/homepage

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have the Scala G4 set on my Shark EVO2... the EVO2 is designed to have headsets installed, so everything works out quite nicely.

I have my Scala linked to my cell, My Wifes Scala, and my Garmin.

It has FM built in.. and will let you Link or Jack to a Iphone, or Itouch, or IPod.

I am not disappointed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
+1 on the Scala System... I have the J&M headsets installed and it is convenient to have the all-in-one comms, but the Scala system has the BEST sound quality of them all.

-Will

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have the Sena system and have found it to be easy to install and operate. They have several different base options making the system easy to switch between different helmets and one that allows the use of ear buds.

·
Registered
863 Posts
i've got the scala q2 set. when speakers are in place, it's perfect sound. bluetooth phone works great, intercomm great. the radio us useless and mpe player volum is too low at higher speeds--on a sport bike. hope to have my wing this week which will have it's own music. so why would someone buyheadsets to plug into your wing when they coast twice as much as a blue tooth scala set of two?

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
mpe player volum is too low at higher speeds--on a sport bike.
I found on my ZX9 that if I set the player volume to about 75% and the scala up all the way it did well.

so why would someone buyheadsets to plug into your wing when they coast twice as much as a blue tooth scala set of two?
Been asking myself this since I got my Scala. :)

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Is there any bluetooth system out there that will work with Honda's system? I really don't know why Honda has not come out with an entirely cordless system to all their electornics, ie. cb, radio, intercom etc.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Do you have the C3 blue tooth unit? Can you connect it to the Honda system so you can use the intercom and CB?

Hector

I have a Schubert C3 with built in blue tooth. When I bought it 5 months ago there were no other helmets with built in blue tooth that I could find.

The C3 is expensive.

It will do everything you ask except the auto volume adjust. It has two up/down buttons for that.

The advantage of the built in blue tooth is you don't have a lump on the outside of your helmet to generate wind noise.

I use my C3 with a Garmin 665 GPS and my cell phone. I use the built in nav (for what it is worth) for monitoring XM Weather Radar.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Only complaint I have about my Bluetooth helmet (Chatter Box XBi) is
it only works for about 8 hours of riding before it needs to be recharged.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts