GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have sort of settled on a Garmin2820. However, I want Bluetooth.

So up to the Garmin Site I go to look at the Phone Compatability chart Then to Verizon to check their website to see what they offer for Blutetooth Telephones (My contracts up in Dec)

Well the only thing I want on the phone is a speaker phone and Bluetooth.

I don't need text msg, sound editing or remote presidential voting capability etc.

So the phone I found is a LGvx5300. (The only one that offers those two bundleds capabilities)

Go to the Garmin web, call customer support. They support two LG's neither of course is what Verizon sells (Old Models)

Call Garmin customer support (Nice Girl) She says doesent mean it won't pair up, might mean not all the features will work or they haven't tested it

She suggests I take the phone to a Garmin dealer and make sure it pairs up before I buy the 2820. (Of course I would have to buy the phone first)

Now lets say it doesn't, now I have a Bluetooth phone which won't work on the Garmin, Cool suggestion from Garmin

This is a good one Jon, LOL

G

·
0 Posts
With Verizon don't they give you a "15 day's - no questions asked" return policy? You could get the Verizon phone and within those 15 day's try it out with a Garmin. If it didn't work..... bring it back for a full refund.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Bluetooth has LOTs of features having nothing to do with telephony... Odds are good that if you buy any bluetooth phone, the you'll be able to use it through the garmin.. And as someone pointed out, the cell companies normally give you two weeks or 30 days to return a phone if you don't like it..

·
Registered
751 Posts
Blue tooth and cell phones

In the state of Washington Verizon wiil give you 30 days to test drive a phone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts