GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time poster here. I have a 2018 6 speed that I picked up in the fall of last year after many years on a 2002 Wing. Loving the new bike. One issue I'm having, with my Sena 10s bluetoothed to the bike, and my Iphone 7 plugged into the glovebox connector, I'm unable to get good audio out from my Sena to make phone calls or communicate with Siri on my phone. When I talk to people via phone calls they can't hear me enough to understand anything. It's not a mic problem with my Sena, because the intercom feature works perfectly between communicators. Seems to be an issue with the audio bluetooth out . My Sena firmware is up to date, and I increased the mic volume using the Wings audio settings. Just wondering if anybody else has run into this problem, and if you were able to resolve it. Thanks.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Did you turn up the Mic volume in the audio settings on the bike?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I had a somewhat similar problem. Very long story short it was my iPhone 7. It had a corrupted file of some sort and the settings were wonky as a result.

To determine if it may be your phone try un-pairing your phone and pairing your wife's phone along with your headset. If that works, then it may be your phone. If it is, call Apple support and they will walk you through the trouble shooting and fixes necessary to make life good again.

I have had no problems since.

Best of luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a somewhat similar problem. Very long story short it was my iPhone 7. It had a corrupted file of some sort and the settings were wonky as a result.

To determine if it may be your phone try un-pairing your phone and pairing your wife's phone along with your headset. If that works, then it may be your phone. If it is, call Apple support and they will walk you through the trouble shooting and fixes necessary to make life good again.

I have had no problems since.

Best of luck
Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the sena 20, using iPhone X, it works good and people can hear me just fine while riding down the freeway. My mic is about 10 o’clock on my full face helmet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue, i know its not the helmet or bluetooth because when i connect directly with my phone, it works beautifully. i also recently upgraded from iphone 7 to iphone 11 and it still has the same issue
if anybody has any suggestions, i'm all ears.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Knowing that electronics can have a mind of their own don’t assume that because the intercom works that your phone volume should work. Just to rule it out check that your mic is facing your mouth (and not the other way) and that is close enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts