GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I use a Bluetooth helmet headset and still use my cord that plugs into the bike? I like to use my helmet speakers plugged into the bike but would like to add a Bluetooth for my phone.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you're going to keep the wires of the helmet headset it sounds like you just want to be able to tie in your cell phone via bt. Is that correct?

There aren't a lot of options besides the J&M music box that also allows BT cell phone integration.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMDM-IPBT-GL18 &PF=32

I think J&M has another option but I can't find it on their website to save my life.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you're going to keep the wires of the helmet headset it sounds like you just want to be able to tie in your cell phone via bt. Is that correct?

There aren't a lot of options besides the J&M music box that also allows BT cell phone integration.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMDM-IPBT-GL18 &PF=32

I think J&M has another option but I can't find it on their website to save my life.
Great product, and exactly what I'm looking for also. Need to start saving my pennies though :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bluetooth

[email protected]

I use a 5 pin Honda to a 3.5mm adapter and then a Sony dongle to transmit up to my Sena SMH10 Helmut speaker mic combo. Just pair it and away you go. I have my iphone, TomTom Rider 2 and my Honda radio/intercom hooked up wirelessly and it works like a darn. No wires!

Ride safe

·
Registered
149 Posts
[email protected]

I use a 5 pin Honda to a 3.5mm adapter and then a Sony dongle to transmit up to my Sena SMH10 Helmut speaker mic combo. Just pair it and away you go. I have my iphone, TomTom Rider 2 and my Honda radio/intercom hooked up wirelessly and it works like a darn. No wires!

Ride safe
would that work with the cb also

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sena

You would be able to receive as anything that is transmitted through the original Honda system would go to your headset but not sure on the transmit side. Could see a problem there as you have to touch the Sena "pinwheel" to talk to another rider and you would have to touch the "push to talk" button on the Honda CB. We just use the Sena's direct to talk to the other riders with us.

Thx Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts