GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have bluetooth on the wing. If so, what type and how do you like it. Advantages or disadvantages.
Thanks,
Darts

·
Registered
613 Posts
I use the Kennedy Cellset. It works pretty well. I had it for a while before I read that there are pins inside to fine tune you input and output. Sure makes it sound more clear. There are lots of reasons IMHO to have a setup like this but beware some dont like the idea at all. I think it is mostly the ones who cant chew gum and walk at the same time.
I have heard the Air Rider setup works good. It is on Ebay if you look up (cell interface), and I think everything J & M makes is ok, but very $$$$$$$$. The advantage with the Air Rider is you can get inputs (1 or 2) for your mp3 or radar detector. Hope this helps, I would not want to ride without it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've ridden for several yrs w/the BlueAnt Interphone setup. BlueAnt has "Blue Tooth" cell phone & intercom capability. I now have a wing & use the wings intercom. I too looked at the J&M setup but their cost did me in.

Blue Ant is completely hands-free. To answer an incoming call, just say something within 10 secs of your phone ringing & the channel is "open" & you're able to talk. To hang up, stay quiet for 10 secs & it hangs up. Blue Ant has a ambient noise feature that "senses" the noise enviroment & increases -or- decreases volume, automatically. Completely hands-free. I put 9 of my most-frequently called #'s on speed dial & all I hafta do is hit 1 button on my phone to make a call. If I need to call somebody else, I take an exit; pull over & make the call.

I'd like to not have the hassle of being tied to a cell phone & pager, but, life for me is on-call 24/7 & I've been very happy w/the BlueAnt. My pager reaches me in places there's no cell phone coverage.

Blue Ant : http://www.myblueant.com/ I have no affiliation w/Blue Ant.... if memory serves I found Blue Ant via a google search 2-3 yrs ago.

Dave / '09 Silver Wing / Farmington, MO

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
I've ridden for several yrs w/the BlueAnt Interphone setup. BlueAnt has "Blue Tooth" cell phone & intercom capability. I now have a wing & use the wings intercom. I too looked at the J&M setup but their cost did me in.

Blue Ant is completely hands-free. To answer an incoming call, just say something within 10 secs of your phone ringing & the channel is "open" & you're able to talk. To hang up, stay quiet for 10 secs & it hangs up. Blue Ant has a ambient noise feature that "senses" the noise enviroment & increases -or- decreases volume, automatically. Completely hands-free. I put 9 of my most-frequently called #'s on speed dial & all I hafta do is hit 1 button on my phone to make a call. If I need to call somebody else, I take an exit; pull over & make the call.

I'd like to not have the hassle of being tied to a cell phone & pager, but, life for me is on-call 24/7 & I've been very happy w/the BlueAnt. My pager reaches me in places there's no cell phone coverage.

Blue Ant : http://www.myblueant.com/ I have no affiliation w/Blue Ant.... if memory serves I found Blue Ant via a google search 2-3 yrs ago.

Dave / '09 Silver Wing / Farmington, MO
I really like the looks of this device. Good price too! How did you tie it into the bikes intercom? Thanks. Mike

·
Registered
602 Posts
My previous bike did not have a intercom...... I hadda BlueAnt; My wife hadda BlueAnt & that's how we communicated on da bike (V-Star 1300).

I now use my BlueAnt, only, for cell phone capability on my wing & I use the wing's intercom to talk back'n'forth. Whenever my cell phone rings; I lower the volume of the radio; say "howdy" & the phone call starts.....

I have 2 mics on my helmet now - 1 for the wing; 1 for the Blue Ant. The spkr for the BlueAnt is maybe quarter-size & there's enuf room in the carved-out ear cavity of the helmet to locate the spkr from the Wing & spkr from the BlueAnt.

I dunno how long the BlueAnt will go on a charge....... I've taken off for weekend jaunts w/the BlueAnt fully charged & never noticed any loss of performance. I keep the BlueAnt charger on a shelf in the laundry/mud room - with my wing in the garage on the other side of the door. It's the 1st thing I see when I re-enter the house & last thing I see as I'm exiting the house. "Werks-fer-Mee" No doubt, as you have now surmised, I'm a HONOR, "Hukked-un-Phonix" grad ! Your mileage may vary.......

Dave / Silver '09 Wing / Farmington, MO

·
Registered
602 Posts
If you get a BlueAnt & need some help "initalizing it" - lemme know. I got pretty frustrated w/mine when I first got it & was about ready to take a sledge-hammer to it. Once I figured out the setup - it's been great. The intercom feature was kinda a hassle (again, initial setup). Once you finally get it "in-synch" it's great - kinda frustrating along the way getting there tho'

Dave

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess when I said "bluetooth" everybody thinks telephone. I'm looking at bluetooth for music and intercom.
Darts

·
Registered
661 Posts
I use the Scala Rider bluetooth, Same set-up for my son.

We can listen to our own music, and have comm to sight distance.

Take it with you convience, but, only monaural sound thru the speakers.

..................................Don

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Never will i use blue tooth. I go riding to get away from the phone calls and work in general. I am not a slave to my work nor to anyone else while i am riding. I carry a cell phone for emergencies and that is it.
I can understand why self employed business owners need it, but the purpose of getting on a wing and hitting the road is to forget about the pressures of life for a while and enjoy the wind and sun and going for a ride.

If i have one attached i hope someone takes it off my ear and stomps on it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts