GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the install of the 2820 went without a hitch until I tired to pair my bluetooth phone with the 2820. Each device would recognize the other, but they wouldn't pair! Any suggestions?

I folowed the instructions in the Garmin manual, p32. and the Garmin registers having found my phone by dispalying it's name and model number. The instruction s say to "touch your device in the list, but there is no list; only my phone. Wehn I touch that, I get a list that does not include my phone, so I touch "Other Phones" as instructed. Mypohone finds the street pilot and I enter the passcode , but neither device will pair. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Try manually connecting if they are showing as paired. Go to settings and then bluetooth and make sure bluetooth is enabled. If it is see if you phon eis listed there. If it is press connect.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I got a flood of answers - I hope that was becasue everyone was out riding this weekend - but I figured it out. what I was doing wrong was both devices were trying to pair at the same time. When I went at it from the phone only, and entered the GPS's passcode, but otherwise did nothing from the GPS except turn it on, it worked! I'm sharing this just in case it comes up again and somebody searches and finds this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts