GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jon, I was told by Pigeon Roost that you are the guy to talk to for this stuff. See this post http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204542

From that post, I know that there are bluetooth headsets that communicate directly, without the use of a phone or other intermediate device. What advice can you provide about the bluetooth devices available? What about the dongles for connecting to the Wing's audio system? I looked at the J&M website and it looks like I would need two dongles. Is this correct? If so, is there a system that only requires one? Seems kinda silly to have two, when both are connected to the same audio system.

Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I've never done anything with bluetooth and am almost completely ignorant. Nor have I ever had a bike with radio, intercom, etc., so I'm new at all of this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just had a jb setup priced out, to work with
Cb, radio. phone, It came in at $1859 just for the bluethooth

I think i wil stay with the cord:roll:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
It's only my personal opinion, but I don't believe two-way stereo bluetooth capabilities are a mature-enough technology yet and for most people is still cost-prohibitive.

I don't comment on applications or products that I haven't used, so I'm really not a good source of information on this topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts