GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My J&M BT-04 has pooped out. It's installed in the helmet and I don't want the cost of sending to J&M in Tucson. It's only 5 months old and John at J&M agreed to fix or replace it, but shipping is on my dime. So I'm bring it to Nashville and get repaired.
But, it's 8 hour ride and I would like to use my xm and navigation from bike. I'm looking for an earbud that will pair with bike's Bluetooth and inexpensive.
Anything someone has used?

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Backup to the backup might be to push the button on the console and play the nav and xm on the speakers...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Idea!
No good blazing down highway, just noise. It seems the older wings radio was louder...

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Amps & bluetooth

Good Idea!
No good blazing down highway, just noise. It seems the older wings radio was louder...

Yes, the 2006-2017 was louder, they came with an amp between the rear wheel and fender. To make the 2018/19 louder on speaker, you have to fill the right bag with the amplifier and reduce storage even more.

A temporary blue tooth option that will not die on you later in the day would be what I got for permanent use. I have a J&M CB with intercom and this puts Bike sound into that setup. This could also be useful for those that want Car Play to work and don't use headsets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1N97LM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Use ear buds and a headphones splitter as a gender changer if you can't find one. The temporary I used for a while ran off of battery and it only lasted an hour and I had to turn it on every time. It was OK for around town, but not good enough for a reasonable ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts