GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i get my phone to play xm through my system on my 2012?
thanks,Robin

·
Registered
123 Posts
Either you can use an AUX cable and hard wire to phone or you can add a Bluetooth receiver to the AUX cable for Blue tooth connection all found on Ebay.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Never heard of this, would love to learn a little more.
I use a a Blue tooth receiver I plug into the Aux jack but it seems they've made it even easier with this.
s-l500.jpg
Put, Bluetooth Aux Cable for Honda Goldwing GL1800, in ebay.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I use a a Blue tooth receiver I plug into the Aux jack but it seems they've made it even easier with this.
View attachment 366305
Put, Bluetooth Aux Cable for Honda Goldwing GL1800, in ebay.
Guys help me out here also I don't have my thinking head on. Is this device to receive Bluetooth audio from whatever and pipe it to the aux input on the gl1800 so we can use a Bluetooth source to listen to audio on standard wired Goldwing headsets? I take it that this plugs straight into the aux connector without the need for a jack plug connection.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't have one but from my research that is exactly what it does. It plugs in to your aux jack and you have to wire power and ground to it which is easy because there is a power source right there for a power outlet.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Tonight, I installed the Honda GL1800/F6B Bluetooth Aux. It was quick and easy. I will say, now I know why people are upgrading their speakers. With Pand__ streaming from my phone to the bike via the Bluetooth the speakers sound bad.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Tonight, I installed the Honda GL1800/F6B Bluetooth Aux. It was quick and easy. I will say, now I know why people are upgrading their speakers. With Pand__ streaming from my phone to the bike via the Bluetooth the speakers sound bad.
Hi. Have you tried using the cabled aux in from your phone directly without Bluetooth? I have a 2015 and have my phone hardwired into my aux input and can't really say that the speakers sound bad. Bluetooth may degrade the sound quality I am not sure but also depends what you are playing on the phone.

If you are trying to stream low quality mp3's that may be your problem and not the speakers, just my 2 cents $CAD so probably worthless right now!

·
Registered
719 Posts
I can't use what I ordered. Check classifieds.
Dan

·
Registered
713 Posts
This will handle anyone's needs with an older audio system on board. It has both Tx and Rx ability, to pipe audio into the bike via the AUX 3.5 mm plug, or to Tx bike radio/CD/etc. into a wireless receiver in your helmet (e.g., Sena SRL).
Change helmets? Change bikes? No problem. No wiring required.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
This will handle anyone's needs with an older audio system on board. It has both Tx and Rx ability, to pipe audio into the bike via the AUX 3.5 mm plug, or to Tx bike radio/CD/etc. into a wireless receiver in your helmet (e.g., Sena SRL).
Change helmets? Change bikes? No problem. No wiring required.
I understand how it will send audio into the aux port of the bike.
How does it get a radio/cd/etc signal from the bike?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I understand how it will send audio into the aux port of the bike.
How does it get a radio/cd/etc signal from the bike?
That's more slightly more complicated and requires the use of a Honda 5 pin to Jack plug that goes into a Bluetooth transmitter that's then picked up by your Bluetooth headsets.

·
Registered
713 Posts
That's more slightly more complicated and requires the use of a Honda 5 pin to Jack plug that goes into a Bluetooth transmitter that's then picked up by your Bluetooth headsets.
Yes, that is the easiest way I'd say, and how I did it. I made a 5 pin to 3.5 mm male plug cord already for my older helmet set up so I just plugged the 2 together. I think next winter, if I like this set up or find it indispensable, I'll just tap into the 5-pin connector from the backside with another 3.5 mm plug and leave that in the left compartment. Or removed the 5-pin connector from the outside entirely and leave the connectors coiled and zip tied inside the bike, again with the 3.5 mm plug (only) available in the left compartment.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You can also purchase a Bluetooth receiver that will plug into your USB port in the trunk. Audio quality will probably be better.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi. Have you tried using the cabled aux in from your phone directly without Bluetooth? I have a 2015 and have my phone hardwired into my aux input and can't really say that the speakers sound bad. Bluetooth may degrade the sound quality I am not sure but also depends what you are playing on the phone.

If you are trying to stream low quality mp3's that may be your problem and not the speakers, just my 2 cents $CAD so probably worthless right now!

Actually, I haven't tried that yet. I have been get music from my phone to the bike via the GPS. I don't have a use for the EC Bluetooth device.
Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a Sena sm10 blue tooth device plugged l in the front cubby. I moved the wire that you plug a din cable into if you want wired connection to the stereo into the cubby as well. I also have the sm10 plugged into the usb port so that it is constantly charged. Have that running through a ground loop isolator so there is no distortion in the head set. Works great

·
Registered
195 Posts
Electrical Connection has the thing you need. I stopped by and they put it in in 5 minutes! Works great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts