GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, have a 2018 Goldwing Tour, I've tried the J&M Headset, and had nothing but troubles. Has anyone tried the Sena 50, or Cardo Packtalk Bold?.. I want the headset to work like my 2002 Goldwing, listen to music, and the volume will lower when someone talks. Does anyone have feedback

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Greetings all, have a 2018 Goldwing Tour, I've tried the J&M Headset, and had nothing but troubles. Has anyone tried the Sena 50, or Cardo Packtalk Bold?.. I want the headset to work like my 2002 Goldwing, listen to music, and the volume will lower when someone talks. Does anyone have feedback
Don't take this as too critical, but you need to use the search function in the 2018+ forum. There are already plenty of threads on both the Cardo and the Sena. Most of those who have the Cardo are happy and most of those who have the Sena are happy.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Google Sena 50 vs Packtalk bold lots of reviews bottom line both are good. Packtalk bold the more waterproof if that matters to you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
You're not the first to have trouble with the J&M Headset and the 2018+ Wing. I know of at least 3 others who have had problems. I've been using Sena since my 2013 Wing (Freewire) and now with my 2018, no problems. Previously, I had the Sena 20s (no problems) until I changed helmets and now have the Schuberth C4 Pro with SC1 headset made by Sena. I synced the headset to the bike and now I only need to turn on the headset and it automatically connects. I haven't tried the 50s but, am sure it will work as it's just the latest and an improvement over the 20s & 30K with the latest Bluetooth protocol. For a review on the 50s check out Cruiseman's garage on Youtube

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
Sena 10 for me w/o any problems, for years...

I have a good friend that also has the Sena and we can ride for hours talking away to each other........
Which reminds me: Hey Larry R U up for another ride soon???
Ronnie

·
Registered
2020 DCT Tour, red/black
54 Posts
You're not the first to have trouble with the J&M Headset and the 2018+ Wing. I know of at least 3 others who have had problems. I've been using Sena since my 2013 Wing (Freewire) and now with my 2018, no problems. Previously, I had the Sena 20s (no problems) until I changed helmets and now have the Schuberth C4 Pro with SC1 headset made by Sena. I synced the headset to the bike and now I only need to turn on the headset and it automatically connects. I haven't tried the 50s but, am sure it will work as it's just the latest and an improvement over the 20s & 30K with the latest Bluetooth protocol. For a review on the 50s check out Cruiseman's garage on Youtube
BTW....how do you like your C4 Pro? I was looking to get one and tried it few times. I was very disappointed. It did not fit me well. The store I went to said that Schuberth sizes are very tricky and I can play with different padding. That turned me off. So, I got the HJC RPHA S90 Carbon which has a built in Sena 20B kit for it. Double check if Sena has a new version upload for your comm. Happy riding......!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts