GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a quite lengthy discussion with owner of the USA company former ally known as Belstaff USA he enlightened me that the famous Discovery jacket I have been raving about for years is done this year . After my 15 year old one finally started to slightly leak after 8hours in constant rain I was thinking about buying a new one as I love this heavy duty ,warm ,crash protection second to none , multi pocket ,multi tool of riding jacket has served me well . The issue with the slight leak is simply the micro skin sewn in liner has finally degraded due to sunlight after all these years . This high end jacket is a bit warm for me to wear all summer , but here in Wi riding year around I found nothing even close to it. I went with a solid goretex jacket (IXS) and gonna be putting in KNOX (Belsatff ) armour in it . I thought about buying another Discovery jacket quick , but it was slightly heavy to wear all day everyday while riding on a trip. He told me the 4 jackets he sold throughout the USA was not enough to keep that line going . Also the downfall of that jacket was high end pricing (worth it ) ,lack of more venting , and more than most riders will ever need made this jacket a hard sell . This was my 2 nd discovery jacket and overall for my needs they both served me well . 15 years old jacket still holding up expect rain lining degreasing this spring is quite a value really . The safety aspect on these jackets are in top 3 in the world . The new IXS is pretty darn good , but not quite BMG top notch . I also am not falling for the marketing Klim has going o as I'm feel their crash protection is OK at best . but that's just my thinking with no actaul proof. Aerostitch is Aerostitch and I love my AD1 pants , but after 3 suits over the years I just cannot get into wearing those utilarian designed stuff ....yet . I am suoer close to them so sizing makes it easy . The last road master I owned leaked twice with and after them retaping seams made me a little discourage on that model .
anyways if ya want a new discovery jacket , hurry you have till Dec to get it .
Rail

1 - 1 of 1 Posts