GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a test ride on the gtl 1600 bmw in [email protected] street vigrations to day. Things I noticed before the ride. The bike seams very tall. trunk and bags are flimsy and much smaller than wing. On the ride gas is very touchy clutch lets out way to late brakes are very good. Seams a littler faster than wing, wind buffeting is much more than the wing. Was fun in the twisties and held a good line btw wife was on the back. Elect windshield was nice but not enough wind protection in any setting, to me didn't seam to have the low end grunt of the wing. The bmw engine is very smooth. Wife's says keep the wing passanger sits way to high and wind buffiting is very noticeable, doesn'thave any oh **** grips for when I come into a turn a little to hot. The passanger seat doesn't hold rider on the sides and she moved from side to side. Also on brakeing she seamed to slide foward more so than the wing. Wife feels that for her any long rides on the bmw are out of the question. The bike is good but not as good as a wing. JV 2002 gl1800 progressive front and back.

·
Registered
689 Posts
How about your left foot? when I test rode one I felt like my foot was on fire. Not so bad with the right but the left was insane.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:thumbup:
How about your left foot? when I test rode one I felt like my foot was on fire. Not so bad with the right but the left was insane.
I had heavy boots on so I didn't feel it but several others did mention it.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I never noticed a hot foot when I rode one in May.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts