1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
"... will have a large range of exclusive (read expensive) accessories."

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'd rather just have the 800gs. it's a great motor and the gs is the perfect way to use it. this scooter idea may appeal to some but it reminds me of the pacific coast....anyone remember that thing?

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Looks good to me, I sorta like the looks of a modern scooter, I rode one a friend has and it really got out and ran, it would do over 100MPH on the speedo, It was a Honda I think.

JMHO :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'd rather just have the 800gs. it's a great motor and the gs is the perfect way to use it. this scooter idea may appeal to some but it reminds me of the pacific coast....anyone remember that thing?
I had a 96 Pacific Coast before I got my Wing. I really liked it, extremely easy to maintain & take care of. It took me to both Arctic Circle locations and around the four corners of the USA.

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of the guys I went to Nova Scotia with for 10 days last year had a 650 Bergman and I've got to tell you guys, I was impressed. He ran right along with us on both the highways and thru the twisties. If I hadn't seen it, I never would have believed it.

He's originally from England, has ridden a "scooter" all his life, and he can really make that thing go.

Not everybody's cup of tea, but don't sell them short either.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
It doesn't mention what kind of transmission it uses. Most have a Constant Variable (automatic) that is simple to drive.

My wife's Silverwing is a blast to ride around town. Don't think I'd like it on a long ride unless I added a radio and better windshield.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
One of the guys I went to Nova Scotia with for 10 days last year had a 650 Bergman and I've got to tell you guys, I was impressed. He ran right along with us on both the highways and thru the twisties. If I hadn't seen it, I never would have believed it.
I have a Burgman 650 Exec. Unless you've ridden one, you'd never believe its capabilities. It's engine is basically a detuned half of a Hayabusa engine. It has a true CVT trans that can be put in economy mode, sport mode, or manual with fixed ratios. Much more flickable than the GL1800, even lighter on the bars than a Ninja 500. Has a true swing-arm rear suspension. Has an electric adjustable windshield and electric folding mirrors.

It will maintain 80 mph without effort and tops out around 105. Decent wind protection, but weather protection falls way short of the Wing. It weighs close to 600 Lbs wet. It's basically a step-through motorcycle, rather than a traditional scooter.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I heard they we're going to put the K1200LT final drive in it also.:joke:
800cc's and 70 hp.

Sounds about what the LT FD is capable of supporting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts