GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the Bob Seger concert in Grand Rapids, Michigan last night. He is 61 years old and still kicked it for a solid 2 hours!!! Awesome show, I am 48 and definitely was not the oldest or youngest there. If you like classic rock or are a Seger fan, don't miss this tour. The first two dates for this tour sold out in less than 7 minutes each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOgdLXIfyUc

While at the concert I remembered a small quarter page article in People magazine with a picture of Bob Seger and and his GL1100 back in the early 80s. While his new CD "Face The Promise" has his HD Dyna Glide on the cover I wonder if he has a GL1800 in his stable?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey!

I'm a big Bob Bob Seger fan - Ramblin' Gamblin' Man is by far his greatest song. He actually played at one of my big sis's high school (Wayne H.S., Wayne, MI) dances in the mid 60's. He also regularly played at the St. Jude (ALSAC) appreciation concerts at Cobo Hall (Detroit) in the late 60's. Boy! Those were the days. You've got me wondering if his tour will be hitting the Ozarks??? Gonna look at his website to see - that would be a great destination and the weather is still nice enough down here for a good ride.
Elk Man

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I've got tickets to his sold out show at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis Saturday night. I'm 52 and feel like I've grown up with his music. The gal I'm taking is just under 30 so it'll be a chance to introduce her to some really great music. I'm really looking forward to it. :wink:

I got to see the last show on Toby Keith's tour here last night so this'll be a great week for live music for me. :D 8)

·
Are we there yet?
2,344 Posts
Bob Seger had a cb750 back in the early 70's too, at the same time I had my first 750. 8)

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Bob Seger CD is in my car cd player as we speak...I play "Feel Like a Number" as I am pulling into work... and he's on my playlist for the MP3 for riding...great music...like nothing they do today!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8) :wink:

Cobo Hall, I forget the year but it was before Joe Lousi Arena opened, Bob Seger one weekend and then 2 weekends later (I think it was) KISS. We had cruised up on are HD's that had seen better days. The security guys felt bad for us at the Bob concert, let us park around back by the buses, mine went thru 1 quart of oil every 200-300 miles. :roll:
Bob came out after the concert, was checkin' out our rides and told us to save our money for some safer, better lookin' rides. Great concert was worth the money and the extra few quarts of oil plus a lil' gas. :wink: :lol:

I wanna go see him again but he does the monster venues more often in this area, maybe a Wing roadtrip elsewhere is in order. :wink: 8)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Grew up in Michigan(Novi). I was wondering what happened to Seger. Used to see him all the time in the 60s and early 70s. Seger and Nugent were kickass back in the day. Nugents been going strong all these years. Glad to see Seger making music again, great musician(Turn the page)my favorite. Tim

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I was kinda hoping they would show a close-up of the backup singer with the big rack... :shock:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Gee Bret,
Have ya ever been labeled an "enabler" ?? Ya didn't even make the man beg first. :wink: :lol: :lol:

She's looked good for many years and still does. :wink:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not much into making people suffer, guess that's why I have never made CPO :shock: :lol: besides its tame stuff and I can't fault anyone who likes Seger and those who back him up!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Great reading posts about the "old" music. Grew up with the stuff, love it. I have been going to http://www.allofmp3.com/ on a regular basis. They have a lot of the old stuff and cheap. Someone on this board introduced this last year and I have been happily downloading ever since. Check it out. It is in Russia, but I have had no problems with them. You have to keep a credit with them, but again, I have had no problems.

Bill

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts