GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend a first class shop in the Pittsburgh area? I have a 79 Ford van that I bought new, it's my baby. The shops I have talked too seem to be only interested in insurance work. I want to get it stripped and repainted. I am probably looking at around $8k for the work and don't want to hire just anybody.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We live just a couple miles from there. I think my son just had some work done by them. Didn't think of them as a classic car painter. When the salt clears I will take the old girl down and see what they have to say. Thanks.

·
Registered
437 Posts
body shop

I own a small cycle and auto repair shop in pgh and have deqalt and know dick muraco, muraco's auto body in carnegie not far from cannonsburgh he is a one man shop and has done many restorations and refurbished many old vehicles he is currently redoing a 1971 duster I have known him over 30years and he does quatily work using only top shelf materials he is a one man operation so you would know who preformed your work his number is 412 276 7722

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. The old girl has never had salt on her so I am just now getting her out of the garage. In the next few weeks I will take her around to the shops and see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts