GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, are there any other Boeing workers that are board members, current, layed off, ex, or retired? I managed to make it to retirement, I'll bet there are a lot of good stories to be told.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Count me in too. With just over 30 yrs. I've been laid off once back in '83-'84. I hope I have enough time to hang on.:nojoke:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hired in at Minot North Dakata in 1974 of all places, I worked in the Minuteman program, traveling around the Midwest working on missle silos, until the government shut it down in 1980. They offered me a job in Seattle at a much lower wage (grade 9 with per diem down to a grade 2), but I refused it and got on the phone with some old friends that had already been transferred to Wichita, KS and got a better offer, still at a lower wage, but not as bad. I worked as a modification mech. until 1984, when I went into management. I worked the AF 1 program from day one until the first one was complete and ready to move to Seattle, by then I was sick of Wichita, so I told the wife that I was going to transfer to Seattle and she was welcome to come along if she wanted to, but she said she was happy where she was at (actually there was more to it than that). We got a divorice, I transferred to Seattle in 1989, worked the 747 and 767 programs in management until 1992 when I got fed up with the bull s**t and went back to my tool box and cruised into retirement in 2003. That was the short and boring version, the long and more descriptive version only comes with adult refreshments. With or without complaints, Boeing has provided me with a good life and a new wife. I had motorcycles all along, but retirement gave me the opportunity to start cruising the country.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Count me in too. With just over 30 yrs. I've been laid off once back in '83-'84. I hope I have enough time to hang on.:nojoke:
I see you are going on the 2.5, maybe we will get to see just how "wet behind the ears" you are!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I worked in Manufacturing Engineering at Flight Test from 1980 to 2007, when I retired. I moved to Utah glad to be away from the crowds.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I worked Pre Flight and Delivery in Seattle Renton and finished at Everett on the 747-400 program when they decided to promote by who you know not what you know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts