GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Washed the bike Sun. Just started useing Boms a couple of mounths ago, on the wheels. Boy was I supprised at how easy the wheels cleaned up. And they were very dirty.I did spray them first with a little Simple Green,then gave them a wash with a mit, and rinsed .The water was beading just like there was a good wax job on the wheels. Boms Away works very well.
Mick
:D :yw1:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm also a Bom's convert. I bought the complete package and their metal polish works great on the wheels. I've been using the Bom's away on the bike and car. The bike seems to stay cleaner longer with it and the shine is great. It's expensive stuff but it goes a long way.

Try it. You just might like it.

Greg
03 IB
OKC, OK
"Everyday above ground is a good day"

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Simple Green

I have heard that Simple Green is corrosive to the mag type wheel. FYI

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I never heard of this "Boms Away", but from what you two gentlemen just stated, I think I would like to try it. Can you tell me where you got it from? Thanks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Rackets,

I have used simple green in places that it should never see. Results, were predictable. Only thing that I use on my wheels is soap, water, and Boms. But I bet I don't use it regularly enough.

My theory has been, that you can't see the dirty wheels at 85 MPH anyway.

When we do get riding weather, I start with a spotless bike and it goes down hill from there. I keep the pretty parts shinning, but the wheels, well all they get is a work out on some of the nicest roads NYS has to offer.

Bulldog

·
Registered
380 Posts
Here's a link where you can read all about "The Bom" products and order online. I use them and love them. Easy on, easy off and shines like a baby's butt. Covers small swirl marks, leaves NO residue in the cracks or around emblems.

http://www.badtothebom.com/welcome.htm

G

·
0 Posts
WATCH OUT FOR FAKE BOM PRODUCTS

There were previous cases of someone selling fake BOM products. I love the product and but straight from Richard. Great people, great service: @

http://www.badtothebom.com

Don't know about the other website.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I'm afraid that I don't do my wheels enough, just like Bulldog. The front one gets more attention, so it still looks good. I changed my rear tire this past weekend, and the rear wheel has dark spots all over it from not being cleaned often enough. Will Boms Away take those off, or just make them more shiny? :?:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Phil,

If you go to their web site, they claim it will get rid of about anything. I guess I am going to have to get off my wallet and get some more.
:money1:

Bulldog

·
Registered
276 Posts
It works

I bought some Boms Away when I had my 1500. I had never really done much cleaning on the wheels of my '96, but that stuff really made them shine!! :!:

Yes, Phil, it will take those dark spots off.

Michael

·
Registered
376 Posts
Boms Away

I picked up some at the Hoot this past summer at their booth. After listening to the spiel, I asked him to do a small section of the front wheel of a Valk parked at the booth. That wheel was really crummy. Embarrassingly so. After rubbing for a few minutes, he had a shiny section that looked very nice. I bought a bottle on the spot. That night, at the hotel, I did my front and rear wheels and was amazed. So was a friend of mine, who did his as well. He bought a bottle the next time we were in the vendor area. It worked for me and I'm sold. It's the only thing that I use on my wheels.

markie

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Okay, I'm going to order a bottle and give it a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts