GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Tulsa windshield to Brett Valentine (Lucky777) of this board. Packaged the shield this weekend and went to UPS this morning to ship it. They gave me a song and dance about needing to buy two of their boxes and fitting them with additional packing and putting them together for the shield (didn't even look at the packing job I did inside my two boxes). Then said that it would be $119 and change! As I left the supervisor who had witnessed the whole ordeal wished me a nice day! The b---h had nads!

I drove over to FedEx and they said to put a little more tape on it and charged me $24.99 for the same package without additional packing.

I ship 20 to 30 presentation packages a year overnight. Never again will they go UPS!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I ship lots of stuff from the job. We get very good service from FedEx and not so great from UPS. When I send stuff to my peers in different parts of the country they often request UPS because they get poor service from FedEx.

I believe it has a lot to do with the local management :!: I try to keep that in mind everyday as I provide guidance for my team in a service business :) Customer perception is reality, sometimes you have to really stretch to provide satisfaction.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
It baffles me how UPS thought you would actually spend $120 to ship something! Well....I guess that's what I would have spent.... :shock: Thanks for going to the trouble of checking FedEx!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
dont be surprised about people spending big money on ups shipments.

i go to the ups store in my small town almost every day, the store owner is a good friend of mine.

many a times i saw a $ 10 shipping order turn into $ 50 with extra services. as always buyer beware.

one advantage the ups store has is that the post office in my town has a line at least 10 people long with all the stupid questions they ask about every package.

i avoid the postal at every turn.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I ran a warehouse for several years, for a software company that shipped packages both domestically and to lots of countries.

In those years, I saw both companies (UPS and FedEx) misdeliver packages, damage product, and simply lose track of pacakges for days at a time. In those years, I oversaw the shipment of thousands of packages. And since I was the manager, all complaints landed on my desk.

I cannot explain the slide that UPS has taken. Their rates are clearly higher than FedEx (maybe it starts with their union labor costs), their level of service has gone down, the number of damaged packages is up, and I've had incoming packages just disappear from their tracking system and are delivered late (with no explanation). Today, one in three packages that I recieve from UPS has damage to it.

Any packages that I send are now sent exclusively FedEx. Their acquisition of RPS (Roadway) was essential in getting them into the ground service market, and has clearly put the hurt on UPS.

I'd rather send something via the Post Office than with UPS.

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
the company I work for dropped UPS as our primary shipper months ago.

too difficult to deal with the local service folks when a problem comes up from damage or miss-shipments.

Fed-EX has worked real well with us

·
Registered
823 Posts
My wife works for the post office and I really catch heck if I use UPS or FedEx.

That new UPS commercial has become a real joke around our house, the tv commercial about what brown can do for you. They should fire their ad people.

G

·
0 Posts
We dropped "team brown" as well. Too many hassles and too much damage. Lame excuses too:

The damage was caused by inadequate packaging. If the item was adequately packaged, we wouldn't have been able to damage it, now would we?

FedEx has been doing a pretty good job.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
They both have there problems.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey, Somebody has got to pay for that #88 to run around the track every Sunday. Youd didn't think Budweiser was going to foot the bill, did you??? :D :D :D

Seriously, UPS has not been doing a good job with package pricing in quite some time. If you are shipping a lot of packages, like we do at the company I work for, you look for consolidators or USPS. Notice neither of the latter sponsor a race car. :roll: :roll:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Ol Pirate said:
Seriously, UPS has not been doing a good job with package pricing in quite some time. If you are shipping a lot of packages, like we do at the company I work for, you look for consolidators or USPS. Notice neither of the latter sponsor a race car.
The USPS sponsors a bicycle team! :roll:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Yaaa that would be Lance Armstrong ? The Tour De France and ya thats some kind of Bicycle Team.........I think they have won the last 4 in a row !........ :yes2:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fortsand said:
I just copied and pasted this thread to the UPS website, hope they read it.
If they read it, they will simply make a joke of it! Their exec's have their eads up their arses! To let a company fall this far is a shame!

·
Registered
263 Posts
To be honest with you I had a run in with brown YESTERDAY. My wifes company is a mail order company. We sell beverage mixes you know like frosted latte, mocha glaciers, smoothies, well anyhow we use them to the time of well over 6000. a years shipping.

One of the checks we sent was late. 2 weeks late. so they say... It was sent on time. They sometimes take their time posting payments. This was a 1200.00 bill . Thats for a week shipping.

They charged my account 4.5% late fee for two weeks. Thats 54 dollars a bit more. Our shipping manager called UPS. They said we gave youa waiver in june. We only do it once a year. Well they screwed up more then that..

She talked to them for a while and they wouldn't budge. That like 108% per year. What a rip off.

I have an appointment with Federal Express/RPS tomorrow. Their prices are cheeper and they seem to want the business. I left a message for the account manager to call me. If he does not call me in the next day or so they will loose my business to the other carrier.

UPS has a surchage on fuel, rates have gone up every year. They just has a increase again and not eb\ven their usual yearly increase. They do a good job but a late fee like that is all about principle not even the money.
So UPS leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

Mark my words...If they don't take care of this they will loose my business as well as my buddies business to. He sitting in on my meeting with Fed Ex and they do well over 200,000 shipping a year with brown. All this because they won't flex on a gouging 50.00 late fee. Even a credit card and high one at that is 1.5 per month.

Just to be fair the driver I have had over the past few years is one of the best their is. On time, helpful an asset to any company. Does a great job above and beyond the call of duty many times. Right now he is the reason I am with them at all.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I had FedEx deliver a package to the wrong house on my street. When I called customer service to register a complaint this was the response. "So? What do you want me to do about it? You got the package didn't you?"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Problems with FedEx

I had a M/C part shipped to me via Fedex, Jan 04. The package arrived in my city (Los Angeles) at FedEx terminal, (according to their tracking site), and bounced around inside their building for seven days, getting scanned every couple of days!!! Called their supervisor, who searched for a day, and could not tell me if it was in their building, on a truck or lost... :shock:

It showed up at my address 2 days later. No explanation... :evil:

I contacted the part seller, who stated that mine was not the first complaint about FedEx delivery problems, and that they were dropping Fedex as a shipper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts