GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I would say it was removed so it could be viewed from all angles. MO

G

·
Re: Air Bag

Italian Stallion said:
That air bag deployed so fast while the bike was stopped that the rider was catapulted off the back of the Wing and took the trunk with him! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Interesting photo. I assume they took the trunk off so that the viewing angle was improved. I wonder why they took the windshield off. Do you think it was becuase the windshield may get broken by the airbag upon deployment?

·
Registered
19,443 Posts
JP3 said:
Interesting photo. I assume they took the trunk off so that the viewing angle was improved. I wonder why they took the windshield off. Do you think it was becuase the windshield may get broken by the airbag upon deployment?
It makes one think about the saftey of larger windshields.

I wish the bikes trunk and rear backrest snapped off easily. I think the bike looks much better

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think that I heard San Antonio Tx. was using 1800's for police bikes......trunks are removed...anyone from Tx. ?? joy

·
Registered
266 Posts
Great Pumpkin said:
I think that I heard San Antonio Tx. was using 1800's for police bikes......trunks are removed...anyone from Tx. ?? joy
Yep. They have for at least 10 years now. And yes, the trunks are removed. They reinstall 'em after they take 'em outta service ta sell.......

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was there, and it sounded like a cannon going off.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
If the crash doesn't scary the be-ge-bee's out of ya the air bag going off will!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
The Photo looks like it was from Honda Homecoming. If I remember correctly, the bike is a pre-production test mule with over 125,000 miles. The trunk and windshield were removed for visability during the air bag deployment demo.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
looks like the trunk was removed to make way for the visibility, but also to hook up some wires under the seat in order to set off the air bag?

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
ziggystyles said:
looks like the trunk was removed to make way for the visibility, but also to hook up some wires under the seat in order to set off the air bag?
Yes they had a remote activation unit for the Demo. They did the demo at least twice that day at Honda Homecomong.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts