GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
5,062 Posts
Boomer Memorial RTE
Just a reminder to all those who may not have seen this.........
I'm here just sittin' on Ready! 3 Eagles (and I wouldn't be surprised if ssncob shows up) and I will meet Friday night in Lexington KY, and have a short 2-hour ride on to Portsmouth Saturday morning.

Looking forward to seeing all y'all and hearing some good Boomer stories. I'll bring something to put in Bob's trailer.

Glen

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
If I live'd just a tad close'rr I'd b there as well......... 😢

Ronnie
9/16/22

·
Administrator
5,062 Posts
Let's see, Glen, how far are you coming?
First day from home to Lexington KY where I'll meet 3 Eagles is 925 miles, or 14 hours. We'll then ride a short 125 miles on in to Portsmouth on Saturday morning. Easy peasy. Why do you ask?? 😇

Glen

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
First day from home to Lexington KY where I'll meet 3 Eagles is 925 miles, or 14 hours. We'll then ride a short 125 miles on in to Portsmouth on Saturday morning. Easy peasy. Why do you ask?? 😇

Glen
Glen - double-check your dates. The event is SUNDAY morning, not Saturday. (Or do I have it wrong?)

BB is trying to "shame" Captron for not coming because of distance. If you can handle 1050 miles to get here, surely @Captron can do the 850(ish) from his place, right? :cool:

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
I can't make it this year. Between medical issues with wife , and the city is having their airport fly-in, requires everyone to work. (PD traffic control 🚔 🚓).

Reactions: JoeHall

·
Administrator
5,062 Posts
Glen - double-check your dates. The event is SUNDAY morning, not Saturday. (Or do I have it wrong?)

BB is trying to "shame" Captron for not coming because of distance. If you can handle 1050 miles to get here, surely @Captron can do the 850(ish) from his place, right? :cool:
Yes, it is on a Sunday, and I have it marked on my calendar to leave here at 5:00 AM SATURDAY Oct. 1 to meet Jeff in Lexington that evening 925 miles later. My mind slipped when I posted leaving on the wrong day. That happens when you're old and senile like me.

And I knew Bob was picking on Ronnie. I'm tempted to spring for a free oil change if we can get him to make this ride.

Glen

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Yes, it is on a Sunday, and I have it marked on my calendar to leave here at 5:00 AM SATURDAY Oct. 1 to meet Jeff in Lexington that evening 925 miles later. My mind slipped when I posted leaving on the wrong day. That happens when you're old and senile like me.

And I knew Bob was picking on Ronnie. I'm tempted to spring for a free oil change if we can get him to make this ride.

Glen
Yep - and I was jumping on the pile by tagging him.

How about it @Captron, gonna come to Ohio? :)

·
Registered
8,921 Posts
I may have to "change my oil and filter" again if I made this trip............o_O

Ronnie
9/18/22

• Wow
Reactions: Glockjock

·
Administrator
5,062 Posts
There might be an oil change as one of the door prizes...
Ronnie, I'll spring for the cost of the oil and filter just to meet the Legend!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Well it looks like I will break free for a weekend in southern Ohio next week. I will visit with my cousin on Friday and Saturday then come to West Portsmouth on Sunday to honor the memory of Boomer and visit with the reprobates gathered there to do the same. I look forward to seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. See you all on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,062 Posts
Well it looks like I will break free for a weekend in southern Ohio next week. I will visit with my cousin on Friday and Saturday then come to West Portsmouth on Sunday to honor the memory of Boomer and visit with the reprobates gathered there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why are my ears ringing?

• Love
Reactions: MiWinger51
1 - 20 of 32 Posts