GL1800Riders Forums banner

Boomer Memorial RTE September 11, '21

6K views 71 replies 23 participants last post by  GLblinded 
#1 ·
I just had a nice, long talk with Boomers' wife, Angie. She would like to invite all who knew Boomer to join her and her family for a get-together at, where else, the Capricorn Inn Capricorn Inn on 9/11. We'll shoot for 11:00. As you know, Tom was involved in a fatal M/C accident on the 9/16, riding home from a RTE. She would then like everyone to come down to West Portsmouth, where the family will have light refreshments. Also, Tom's favorite steak house was the Ribber The Scioto Ribber - Home Because of that, she will be giving out 5 $100 gift certificates to the Ribber, in memory of Tom. Although this is in it's early planning stages, let's make a rain date as the 25th.

Still tough writing about this. Can only imagine what the family is going through.......
Note the time change........11:00 not 11:30

#2 ·
Count me in! Boomer was one of the guys whose memory stays. I will be there.

I just had a nice, long talk with Boomers' wife, Angie. She would like to invite all who knew Boomer to join her and her family for a get-together at, where else, the Capricorn Inn Capricorn Inn on 9/11. We'll shoot for 11:30. As you know, Tom was involved in a fatal M/C accident on the 9/16, riding home from a RTE. She would then like everyone to come down to West Portsmouth, where the family will have light refreshments. Also, Tom's favorite steak house was the Ribber The Scioto Ribber - Home Because of that, she will be giving out 5 $100 gift certificates to the Ribber, in memory of Tom. Although this is in it's early planning stages, let's make a rain date as the 25th.

Still tough writing about this. Can only imagine what the family is going through.......

#9 ·
I have it on my calendar, I will see if I can make it.

#10 ·
Glen. Guess if it were me, I wouldn't worry about riding all the way to Wilmington in one day. The get-together doesn't start until 11:00ish, why not save your weary bones & stop say 100 miles out, get some sleep & motor in the next morning? Ride smarter, not harder type of thing? But I will check out a few motels for you bud.

#11 ·
Bob, your suggestion actually makes sense. I tend to listen to the Iron Butt side of me so I automatically went from Point A to Point B in one sitting. I just now looked at stopping in Louisville KY for the night, and that is only 870 miles and leaves a quick 150 mile jaunt to the Capricorn the next day. I'll save the Iron Butt ride for the ride home, just to say I did it.

Glen

#16 ·
I will be there; I still regret not being able to be there last year.

All you folks travel safe.

Jeff

#18 ·
Guys, just an update & reminder.......This ride is coming up quicker than I thought. Just talked with Boomers' wife Angie. She is planning on having the refreshments & cookies at 4:00 pm. at the 15888 US-52 · 15888 US-52, West Portsmouth, OH 45663 park. Actual address is: 15888 US 52, West Portsmouth, Oh. She has reserved 2 shelter houses. At 5 o'clock she is planning the give-away of the 5 $100 gift cards at the Ribber. She did caution that you must be present to win.

Again, to all who were fortunate enough to have know Tom, please make plan to attend this memorial.
Best.
Bullet

#20 ·
Guys, just an update & reminder.......This ride is coming up quicker than I thought. Just talked with Boomers' wife Angie. She is planning on having the refreshments & cookies at 4:00 pm. at the 15888 US-52 · 15888 US-52, West Portsmouth, OH 45663 park. Actual address is: 15888 US 52, West Portsmouth, Oh. She has reserved 2 shelter houses. At 5 o'clock she is planning the give-away of the 5 $100 gift cards at the Ribber. She did caution that you must be present to win.

Again, to all who were fortunate enough to have know Tom, please make plan to attend this memorial.
Best.
Bullet
Will be eating a rib-eye and raising a 🍺 in memory of Boomer.
Sad to think that one of the good guys has left us. :cry:

#19 ·
Darn, my 50th high school reunion is on 9/11 this year. Actually it's the 51st, the 50th was postponed last hear, but we're still calling it the 50th this year. I will be at Boomer's Memorial RTE in spirit though.

#25 ·
Bob,

I wish I could make this event this year. I'm in a "transition" period between jobs and so I have to limit spending funds at this time. Sure did miss seeing Boomer at Terry's this year. I'll be saying a prayer for him and his family and thinking of him that weekend.

I was looking through my phone to clean up my contact list the other day and saw that I still had Boomer's number on the phone. Guess that's one that I'll keep for a while longer. It's funny how many I have that I don't remember and yet Boomer is one I won't forget. R.I.P. buddy!!!!

Keith

#30 ·
Bob,

I wish I could make this event this year. I'm in a "transition" period between jobs and so I have to limit spending funds at this time. Sure did miss seeing Boomer at Terry's this year. I'll be saying a prayer for him and his family and thinking of him that weekend.

I was looking through my phone to clean up my contact list the other day and saw that I still had Boomer's number on the phone. Guess that's one that I'll keep for a while longer. It's funny how many I have that I don't remember and yet Boomer is one I won't forget. R.I.P. buddy!!!!

Keith
Yeah, I haven't deleted it yet either. Just tough to do.....but, Angie has given that phone, along with that phone number, to a friend.....

#27 ·
Yoda, 3 Eagles, and I will ride in to the Capricorn Inn where we'll meet up with Jerry Wells and join y'all for a Memorial dinner for Boomer. Boomer was one of the guys with whom you became friends quickly, and his memory lasts a long time.

After dinner, the above mentioned 4 of us are heading to Rockies Gold with a detour to Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph highway on the way to RG.

Glen

#31 ·
Well, I definitely won't call it then. But it may stay as a reminder of what a great guy Boomer was and keep it as a memory of him.

Keith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.