GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone install the Kuryakyn Boomerang frame cover and not use the adhesive pad but leave it in place wth the cover on it? Looks like you may have to remove it to remove covers. It fits tight at the top against the frame and top shelf. Just wonder if anyone had a problem doing it this way?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
You need to remome the "frame weld" cover or they will not fit properly.

Easy to do, just put a flat screwdriver on the top and pop the rubber pin out.

The frame weld cover does have two sided tape on it as well.

Bulldog

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Gold Goldwing said:
Has anyone install the Kuryakyn Boomerang frame cover and not use the adhesive pad but leave it in place wth the cover on it? Looks like you may have to remove it to remove covers. It fits tight at the top against the frame and top shelf. Just wonder if anyone had a problem doing it this way?
I remember thinking the same thing when I installed my boomerangs. I used the adhesive pad though because I didn't want to take a chance of maybe the boomerang cover might vibrate against the paint on the top shelter. I have never had a need to remove the frame covers.

Here's a tip with the chrome frame covers. They look very nice on the bike, but they will scratch very easily. Before you do any work on your bike and that includes removing the side covers, it's best to tape up the chrome frame covers with a couple layers of some blue painters tape until you learn how to remove the side covers from the bike without hitting the chrome frame covers with the side covers and scratching them. Nearly every bike I have seen with the chrome frame covers have been scratched simply because the owner or the dealer didn't pay attention and hit the chrome frame cover with the side cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts