GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got caught in a heavy downpour for about 45min. Didn't have any rain gear with me so all the water funneled right into my boots. Before bed last night the boots were still dripping wet. After my wife did a quick google search a tip was to stuff them with newspaper. OK, stuffed em with a bunch of newspaper. Woke up this morning and they are probably 90%+ dry now. Good enough that I can wear them without my socks getting wet. Newspaper worked 10x better than expected.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's an old biker trick that works extremely well. The secret is to make sure the newspaper is packed in the boots very tightly and as you said they'll be 90% dry in a few hours.. Good post

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Good tip - I didn't know that. On the other hand, I don't get a newspaper anymore:shrug:

·
Registered
69 Posts
been there & done that but also in addition as a followup when they aren't dry enough, I carry light gauge small trash bags. A make-shift condom to insure your feet stay dry until the "dogs" air dry a bit more.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Rain?? I have heard of that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts