GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out riding yesterday, lost in happy thought, when I turned and scraped my left front boot toes on the pavement. Grinning from ear to ear, I continued through the turn and realized that I am getting too comfortable in the turns.

Ever happen to you?

This bike never seems to amaze me! :D :bow:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
All the time <G>!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Every chance I get.....makes me feel like a rider!!! 8)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I keep replacing the acorn nuts under the footpegs and my boots have a funny angle cut on the outer edges of the soles.

But now I am working the body steering into the equation to not drag as much.

·
Banned
96 Posts
get the Traxxion (WORKS) and you can scrape your pipes as well as your feets.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
My relatively new packer boots need new heals already, I am going to have the boot smith relace teh heal tread and then add a cresent steel tap. My acorn nuts don't disappear as fast as they usta since I replaced my rear and front springs and went with the 70 rear tire, but my heels still get beveled. I hope they do again tomorrow! Supposed to be 72 degrees and sunny -- I took the day off...... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooommmm.

prs

·
Registered
342 Posts
8000 miles and second pair of riding shoes... have worn the sides out going through my favorite local twistie road and other corners.... Caught me off guard the first time it happened, but now I am not only looking where the tires are going to be... but the footsies as well.

Gotta love it!

Bob

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Get TRaxxion and you will be pissing in your pants instead of wearing your shoes out. Just put on a new pair at the gas stop. Thats what Bill does.

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Oh yeah,
That and wearing down the acorn nuts on the pegs are just part "really riding" the Wing at near it's full potential!! Love it, Terry
8) :D :clap2:

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Toyo said:
Get TRaxxion and you will be pissing in your pants instead of wearing your shoes out. Just put on a new pair at the gas stop. Thats what Bill does.
Hey Toyo,
Speaking of Traxxion, did you get the front and rear both done if so what is the out the door cost on the total upgrade? Yours and others reviews about this have me very interested. Also do I have to come to Georgia to have that conversion done? Terry 8)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Mirage47 said:
Was out riding yesterday, lost in happy thought, when I turned and scraped my left front boot toes on the pavement. Grinning from ear to ear, I continued through the turn and realized that I am getting too comfortable in the turns.
Ever happen to you?
This bike never seems to amaze me! :D :bow:
Keep your toes up.

My pegs

My boots. They're wider than the pegs.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
That's why I use the Rattlebars kickshifter. It keeps my toes UP, so I only drag the outside of my boot...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Brooks and Dunn sort of said:
...doing the boot scrapin' boogie...

Yeah... lean low, scrape your toe, c'mon baby let's go boot scraping!
No slack, trottle back and follow me... we're gonna boogie.
Oh lean down to the ground doing the boot scrapin' boogie!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts