GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use anything on the shifter peg to keep their boot from getting scuffs?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
a black foam "sock" that fits over the peg

Cruiserworks had them a while back...got it at Americade a couple years ago...worked fine ever since

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I just swap boots back and forth so they both look the same!!:popcorn: Wear it like a badge of honor!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
This has got to be one of the most lame things I have ever heard of. I have seen them but would be totaly embarassed to have something like that on my bike. It might be OK if you needed to ride with your tuxedo on. Maybe OK for James Bond or some other international playboy or double naught spy.

Jeff...

·
Registered
19,244 Posts
I don't care if my boots get scuffed. That is why I buy leather. Maybe spend $4 on a bottle of polish:shrug:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boot prtector

Rick Mays....wrote.....Do what I did. Get yourself a 22 Rifle, preferably a 22 Long Rifle. Go out to the edge of the Woods, take your Boots off. Cause you don't want them getting scuffed up running through the woods, just go barefoot. Now hunt you down a Little Bitty Bunny Rabbit, shoot it, take it's skin off and wrap some of that Little Bitty Bunny Rabbits Fluffy Fur around your Shifter Peg and Walla!:joke:

Hey smartA$$, from time to time I like to ride to work in my $300.00 boots that I'd rather not have the top of the left one scuffed up. Otherwise I'm in my 'riding boots' and don't mind it at all.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Hey smartA$$, from time to time I like to ride to work in my $300.00 boots that I'd rather not have the top of the left one scuffed up. Otherwise I'm in my 'riding boots' and don't mind it at all.

How about changing your boots when you get to work?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
boots

Changing back and forth is more trouble than its worth. I'm in multiple locations during the day so that could be 3 or 4 time a day.....

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIKE...QQitemZ270787798904QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

This will work, lot's of Sport Bike Gay's use em! I mean Sport Bike Guy's use em! :joke: Seriously this is what your after.
Rick Mays....wrote.....Do what I did. Get yourself a 22 Rifle, preferably a 22 Long Rifle. Go out to the edge of the Woods, take your Boots off. Cause you don't want them getting scuffed up running through the woods, just go barefoot. Now hunt you down a Little Bitty Bunny Rabbit, shoot it, take it's skin off and wrap some of that Little Bitty Bunny Rabbits Fluffy Fur around your Shifter Peg and Walla!:joke:

At least he did give you a good solution, along with some humor. You have to be carefull what you ask for, you may just get it.

Lighten up, get yourself a neoprene sock and ride. Or, don't wear $300 dress shoes on a bike. Either one.

Cheers

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Never heard of such a thing , honest !!

I suppose get a heel/toe shifter, then you just use the sole of your boot.

Not much on bunny fur, I prefer possum hide. :cool:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Does anyone use anything on the shifter peg to keep their boot from getting scuffs?
This is my "Fix"...

Rattlerbar's "Kick Shifter", not the cheap knock off from Add ON...

Unfortunately, it is No Longer Available...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boots

pshivers, that is nice. Looks like it would have been perfect.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Rick, I owe you a beer.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Any quality riding boot already has built in protector pads to eliminate the possible wear from the shifter. You might also want to check the rubber sleeve on your shifter for wear and replace it if its worn through. I also have combat boots that I wear when I ride on base, not a mark on them...

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I use the Kury Heel Toe shifter and it only wears my soles...You could also put a microphone sock over the shifter?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
How about a brush on the shifter? That way it will shine your shoes while you ride!

:joke:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Boots

Thanks been a big help. Actually I didn't realize you could use a heel/toe shifter without floorboards......(that ought to really bring out the S/A replies)....I've got Kuryakyn pegs and I went to their site and looked at their deal. Looks like it works. Daily rider, you get that bursh perfected let me know I might try it. Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sidestand extension

Thanks been a big help. Actually I didn't realize you could use a heel/toe shifter without floorboards......(that ought to really bring out the S/A replies)....I've got Kuryakyn pegs and I went to their site and looked at their deal. Looks like it works. Daily rider, you get that bursh perfected let me know I might try it. Thanks

It's not shown in the picture above because I hadn't made and attached it yet, but you will probably want to add an extension to the sidestand if you install the heel-toe shifter. The sidestand gets "hidden" under the heel shifter and very difficult to lower without inadvertently kicking it into gear (usually puts it into 2nd as it's in neutral preparing to dismount). Pic below is my homemade extension. An extension can be purchased.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts